David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Cobra's special equipment can be used in response to an attack. Do you get to see what the attack roll is before you choose to use it or do you have to use the ability after the attack is announced but before the roll is made?

My gut tells me you have to decide to use it before the roll. But I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the card says "Reveal this card when Cobra is being attacked", and since it's an ongoing effect until your next turn, I'd agree with you.

If you wait until the die roll has happened, then Cobra is not being attacked, he's been attacked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
The rolling of dice doesn't end an attack tho. After rolling dice you check distance and then apply damage. Then the attack is complete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking more in terms of the abstraction. The die roll is the attempt to hit - the bullet (or whatever) has been fired with the die roll. Everything after that is just seeing what happened to the bullet.

But, yeah, semantics, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
well I would also play that you must use blade before the roll - otherwise it seems super powerful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.