BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: Bringing The Living Dungeon to Comic Con Philly rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael DeAngelo
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey folks! Let me start off by saying that I probably have done everything way backwards. I should have come here first and foremost to get properly acclimated to making games, and understanding all the ins and outs of everything.

I've been all over the place with this game. A little over two years ago, I was listening to a radio ad about one of those Monopoly games from McDonald's or ACME or some other collaborator. I was left considering how that game became so popular, and was wondering if there was any way to add a fantasy genre twist to the game without just making it Dungeons & Dragons-opoly. A few weeks of brainstorming later and we came up with a concept that introduced roguelike elements to a fantasy dungeon crawler.

It started off really crude... just text on index cards. People were skeptical until the first time they played it, and then they ended up having a good deal of fun. Over the years, we spent a considerable amount of time and money getting art together, and doing some light testing (certainly not the 100/100 I've heard about).

We've talked to a popular manufacturer, but we're still a ways off before we're ready to hatch this idea fully.

Next up for us is Comic Con Philly in three weeks or so. I'll be running a table for my books while my brother man's the gaming area. We're hoping to get some insights as to whether people like the way the game looks and plays as it stands right now—what I'm calling Prototype 2.0, just to gauge interest in it. If we get enough attention on it, we'll likely be heading to Kickstarter a little after the holidays.

Here's a couple images of some of the cards in our decks:

Hope you like what you see!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.