Subject: Day Tracker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
FPV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I started a solo game last night and couldn't find my question in the rule book or here on the forums.

When advancing the calendar day, would I, for example, move from the red portion of the 24th to the white portion of the 24th, or move to the 25th? I played doing the former. Sorry if this is obvious.

Also, there are a lot of little rules to remember. Maybe I was just tired (or dumb) last night, but I had to keep referring to the rule book. Will there be a rules summary or a player aid posted in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The coloring is for reference only. The 24th is one box. On the 24th you transition from one phase of the event deck to another. I think that is what it means. Not positive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric V
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
The coloring is for reference only. The 24th is one box. On the 24th you transition from one phase of the event deck to another. I think that is what it means. Not positive.

I agree.
The relevant rules are on the bottom right of p.3:
Quote:
In this step, execute one of the 3 headlines on the General Zhukov card and their text effects (See Appendix D on details of specific General Zhukov cards):
• On the 1st and 2nd day resolve the top headline on the card marked (1)
• On the 3rd, 4th and 5th day resolve the middle headline on the card marked (2)
• On the 6th and 7th day resolve the bottom headline on the card marked (3)

The colors on the top of the box (covering the dates) are consistent with these instructions. The color coding is to remind you to start looking at a different phase's headlines (when you get to a new solid-color box).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What the people said before me is correct .

As for the reason for the split boxes: in conflict rules the soviet player can pick from either headline in those rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The day tracker consists of 7 days, which are 7 turns.
So, you move the tracker one full day each turn.

The color coding of the days is primarily meant for the Soviet player in the conflict ruleset.
In coop mode you can ignore the color coding or use it as reminder like EricTheFed suggested. The "1"-, "2"-, "3"-icons on the day tracker are relevant for the Zhukov headline cards.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FPV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I understand now. Thanks for the explanation. Seems to be more confusing to do it this way rather than just having the boxes a solid color. I was having a good time playing until I realized all of the rules I was getting wrong. Practice makes perfect!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FPV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

I didn't see the last two posts before posting. Thanks! Makes sense now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric V
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
What the people said before me is correct .

As for the reason for the split boxes: in conflict rules the soviet player can pick from either headline in those rounds.
Yikes! I have not yet played the conflict rules, but that sounds, uh, evil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.