Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've seen this come up many times on SGOYT, and each time I think "Darn! This looks fun!". So, I;ve decided I'd like to get it.

But there appears to be many different versions/scales, etc.

As a new player, what do I need to get? What version, what add-ons, etc. And where is the best place to find said items?

Thanks,

Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meat Popsicle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe start with this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rallyman.fr is the designers webstore, there is all you need.

Scale 1/220 is the standard size. There might be boxed versions left(3rd or 4th ed are basically the same)or you can buy the boards and a kit (dices,Cards etc) seperatly.

Optional: there is an expansion called Dirt, grab the kit and boards while youre at it (boards are pdfs only).

And he ships to US, when the page translate from french to english the countries are still listed after what they are called in french, so USA are unde E (Etats-Unis)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And you must get the time tracker app, essential if you gonna join the ISGOYTRA cup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Heckman
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tony,

I am a month or so ahead of you in your Rallyman quest.

I purchased 3rd edition from Amazon (US), 4th edition from http://rallyman.fr/

Truth be told, I like the 3rd edition components better than 4th. (The game is the same.) I don't dislike 4th, I just prefer 3rd.

I have also purchased DIRT dice and the DIRT boards (print and play) from the link above as well as some standard size metal cars. The standard size is the same as Formula De / Formula D. Plastic cars in the box are fine, metal cars give you a little more weight and can be painted up a little bit more interesting than just the standard solid colors.

I stumbled upon a complete set of 144 scale components locally and I purchased them from another gamer. I have a bunch of N scale and 144 scale cars for other games, so once I got Rallyman, got hooked (and more importantly... hooked other local gamers) it made sense for me to grab it. There is nothing wrong with the standard size, upscaling is purely a matter of preference given your playing surface size and how large you want the cars. I'll generally play the standard size, upscaling for special events / conventions.

DIRT is a must get, the DIRT boards/rules add new wrinkles / new options you will certainly enjoy. That being said, DIRT is OOP, hard to find and expensive. The link above sells the DIRT dice and print and play boards. I would strongly encourage you grab those while they are still available.

If I'm not mistaken, a 5th edition is on the distant horizon.

- Charlie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just recently picked up a 3D printer and am looking for any models to print for Rallyman now. I'm not skilled enough yet to build my own.

Anyone else printed some good models?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robkoch2112 wrote:
I just recently picked up a 3D printer and am looking for any models to print for Rallyman now. I'm not skilled enough yet to build my own.

Anyone else printed some good models?

Have a look at www.shapeways.com and perhaps there how to get on with it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shapeways usually only sells the printed models and users don't share the STL files.

I have the printer.... I just want the 3D models now.

Might have to learn how to use some 3D software. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed the order today, direct from the developer.

I would have gone with the 1.144 scale, but they seemed to be Out of Stock for the Dashboards and Tracks. The only option was to get the full game, which I got the 4th edition. I also ordered the Dirt Expansion and Print and Play Tracks. Will those fit nicely on Letter sized labels or card stock?

Looking forward to playing!

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B S
United States
redondo beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tpholt wrote:
I placed the order today, direct from the developer.

I would have gone with the 1.144 scale, but they seemed to be Out of Stock for the Dashboards and Tracks. The only option was to get the full game, which I got the 4th edition. I also ordered the Dirt Expansion and Print and Play Tracks. Will those fit nicely on Letter sized labels or card stock?

Looking forward to playing!

Tony

How much was shipping to US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whistle

https://www.amazon.com/Rallyman-Board-Game/dp/B005ZF11IA/ref...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Holt
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I ordered the full, boxed 4th Edition, as well as the Dirt Tracks/Dashboards (although the Tracks are Print and Play). The full shipping amount was 15 Euros.

I didn't go the Amazon route as the Edition on Amazon is the older, 3rd edition.

Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.