United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Since dawn of time the fate of man is that of lice
mb
I just played my first game of Room 25: Escape Room. The first escape room scenario was a lot of fun. However, it's easy to tell which tiles are from Escape Room, and since those are the tiles you really want to check, it had the potential to ruin the game if we just didn't practice willful ignorance.

I feel like half the threads here are talking about sleeves and compatibility and they all reach the conclusion that everything's fine and no sleeves are necessary, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

I don't think there's anything I can really do about this since requesting a different copy isn't likely to fix the issue and there are no opaque sleeves available in the 73x73 size that is needed for the tiles.

Does anyone have a creative solution to be able to play this game?

Here are a couple comparison shots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I've been seeing more and more threads on BGG about card backs/tile backs from expansions not matching the base game.

I have no easy or elegant solution. Only thing I can think of offhand is to find something opaque (even if it's just a cardboard box), cut them to size, and place over the tiles before setup.

That way the back of the tile is hidden and once the tile is flipped over, you can just set aside the cardboard cover
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bold

Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmb
I would first suggest sleeving and if it is still apparent to players that the new rooms can be determined then print up some tile backs and insert them next to tile inside sleeves so that all tiles look same. This would also help if your game has seen alot of plays and tiles are starting to look worn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Eng-Kohn
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
Lost Gamer
badge
I want to live here
mbmbmbmbmb
Put the darker ones in the sun to fade a bit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rub dirt on all of them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Read your post. We are aware that a few customer will have visible differences. That is due to the number of prints and the design of the tiles. We know that we will have some residual issues from past prints, and we are sorry when that happens. Please contact us at:

http://matagot.com/spip?page=sommaire&lang=fr

We will take care of the issue case by case, taking the time to make sure it is well colored to match your original game whenever it reduces your enjoyment of the game.

Thank you,
Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiles are different between base game, season 2 AND Escape Room. It's rather silly, especially since now it totally makes it more predictable where the Room 25 is.

Sleeves. Please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniele Sicorace
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Arnaud, I went to your website and asked for a solution, the difference is striking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rqthstar
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
Come together, together as one
badge
Since dawn of time the fate of man is that of lice
mb
arnaud4matagot wrote:
Hello,

Read your post. We are aware that a few customer will have visible differences. That is due to the number of prints and the design of the tiles. We know that we will have some residual issues from past prints, and we are sorry when that happens. Please contact us at:

http://matagot.com/spip?page=sommaire&lang=fr

We will take care of the issue case by case, taking the time to make sure it is well colored to match your original game whenever it reduces your enjoyment of the game.

Thank you,
Arnaud.

ok, I went ahead and filed a ticket on the page. Thank you for offering to help - we'll see what we can do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah my tiles are significantly different from the base game, and season 2 as well. Not only that, but the stupid shrink-wrapped deck of cards in the Escape Room box was too tall for the box, making the entire box go convex, and of course now all my other components are bent out of shape, including the punchboards. Horrible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know where to get some colored/opqaue card sleeves that would fit these room tiles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estes Estes
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's been 12 days since I opened a new ticket in Matagot services online, where I informed them that all three room 25 games I own (core game, season 2 and Escape Room) have all different tile backs. Since then, I have received no reply to my claim, and the link that they had provided through e-mail, cannot get reached and shows the following message "404 Page Not Found - The page you requested was not found". Has anybody else had the same problem? Do they even care?

Update 13th November: problem resolved, they sent me new ones
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Fischer
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
estes1712 wrote:
It's been 12 days since I opened a new ticket in Matagot services online, where I informed them that all three room 25 games I own (core game, season 2 and Escape Room) have all different tile backs. Since then, I have received no reply to my claim, and the link that they had provided through e-mail, cannot get reached and shows the following message "404 Page Not Found - The page you requested was not found". Has anybody else had the same problem? Do they even care?

Maybe due to the Essen Spiel fair they were very busy. Hopefully they will answer now that the fair is over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estes Estes
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmb

What does Essen has to do with the fact that the ticket link, provided by the company, was no longer available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.