Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » Rules

Subject: Don't understand 2 SOR cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Could someone please explain 2 new cards in the SOR that I do not understand?

Card: Ammo Belt
I'm seeing a lot of decks with this upgrade, but I'm not really sure the purpose. Is it to prevent the ability in the battlefield - Cargo Hold? I've also seen people talk about the card Second Chance in conjunction with Ammo Belt, but I don't understand how this works.

Card: Premonitions
The wording on this card is really weird and I don't understand what it does at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ammo Belt works with Second Chance by allowing Second Chance to have its reviving effect but not be discarded - you discard Ammo Belt instead. A LOT of us expect this to be FAQed away soon as this is based on a verbal answer by Lukas.

For Premonitions, it is a way (with a delay) to get expensive cards into play for free and also to make them unable to be discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks! The Ammo Belt + Second Chance does seem OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roddy
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AMMO BELT: Before another upgrade on attached character would be discarded by a card effect, you may discard this upgrade instead."

Saves one of your more valuable upgrades on a character from being destroyed by dying in its place.

Why it's good: protects an upgrade.
Why it's situational: doesn't do anything by itself, and takes up an upgrade slot on its character.

PREMONITIONS: Choose one: set this card aside and stack a card from your hand on it facedown, or play the card stacked on another copy of this card for free and discard the set aside copy.

The first copy of Premonitions you play is placed on the table along with a card you choose from your hand. The card you choose is hidden so your opponent can't see it.

When you draw your second Premonitions, you play the card you chose with the first Premonitions.

Why it's good: Both times you play it, it costs zero. You can save a powerful/situational card for later in the game and fill up your hand.
Why it's risky: If your second copy of Premonition is stripped away, or you die before you can play it, you lost the opportunity to play the card you set aside.

One day, I hope to have an opening hand of Premonition, Premonition, AT-ST... devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are other cards that need to be fixed as well. Sith Holocron brakes the theme as one can have a Tusken Raider throwing Force Lightning. Sorry, but if you like the Light Side as I do, our options are very limited while the villains keep getting good card after good card.

If you make a card that read X Color Character Only it should be just that and not as long as it starts on said color character. Keep it simple, at this point people are trying to enforce their interpretation or what said card does and this IS hurting the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Also, I just learned that Ammo Belt can protect against the Awakenings card "Disarm"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think Sith Holocron needs to be adjusted. It is pretty situational in the first place in that it only works on Blue Abilities. and it spoke to a key issue Blue Villain had, namely that their abilities are expensive and they did not have great Resource generation.

Now Ammo Belt....the issue comes up when it is paired specifically with Second Chance. It effectively gives the Character TWO Second Chances or more.

As to Light Side lacking options, they got some powerful sauce in Spirit of Rebellion (like the hand made light bow) and we now have good characters to pair together to make effective Blue hero decks. Premonition by the way helps Hero a good deal as it acts like a slower but more flexible Holocron.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon David
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
itchywookie wrote:
AMMO BELT: Before another upgrade on attached character would be discarded by a card effect, you may discard this upgrade instead."

Saves one of your more valuable upgrades on a character from being destroyed by dying in its place.

Why it's situational: doesn't do anything by itself, and takes up an upgrade slot on its character.

PREMONITIONS: Choose one: set this card aside and stack a card from your hand on it facedown, or play the card stacked on another copy of this card for free and discard the set aside copy.

The first copy of Premonitions you play is placed on the table along with a card you choose from your hand. The card you choose is hidden so your opponent can't see it.

When you draw your second Premonitions, you play the card you chose with the first Premonitions.

Why it's good: Both times you play it, it costs zero. You can save a powerful/situational card for later in the game and fill up your hand.
Why it's risky: If your second copy of Premonition is stripped away, or you die before you can play it, you lost the opportunity to play the card you set aside.

One day, I hope to have an opening hand of Premonition, Premonition, AT-ST... devil

You can also play your premonition on your opponent's premonition with a card. It can lead to some interesting situations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Takenokojon wrote:
itchywookie wrote:

You can also play your premonition on your opponent's premonition with a card. It can lead to some interesting situations

I have a funny feeling this will get FOQed to make you only play it on your own cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ammo Belt + Grenades should be fine right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradly Billingsley
United States
Lafayette
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
theashers wrote:
Ammo Belt + Grenades should be fine right?

Yes, that works as well. As does Thermal Detonator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.