Popular Tags: [View All]
Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, thanks so much for subscribing to this page. Seeing that subscription number go up almost everyday is really encouraging!

If you are new the world of, welcome! If you've been following Helionox for a while now, welcome back and thanks so much for posting on this page! You guys absolutely rock. I love seeing all the chatter going on even before we launch the Kickstarter. That count down has begun - less than a month til launch day!

So put it out on facebook and got some great ideas over there but I'd love to hear more ideas from you here on BGG. What kind of stretch goals would you like to see in the upcoming Deluxe Edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Physical ships, wooden tokens, neoprene playmat …
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Taran, so happy you're soliciting input ahead of the project!

I'm a big fan of component upgrades and little things that don't require much, if any, additional development time.

This list assumes the neoprene play mat is already included or available as an add-on. If not...that would be #1.

1. Upgraded card stock and linen finish

2. Player aids

3. Alternate illegal tech

4. Molded plastic or wooden meeple rocket ships

5. Molded box insert to organize (sleeved) cards

6. Sleeves (with art would be cool, but I don't know the logistics of custom sleeves...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played, but excited to consider trying one the best-loved deckbuilders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mo
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Solitary Man
mbmbmbmbmb
New tokens specifically for garrisons.

Also, I'd be careful of changing the physical attributes of the cards too much. They won't match the original we all love and still have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to my list, the plastic cards in One Deck Dungeon are pretty bad-ass, but I don't know how many games you'd need to sell for that to be realistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Freehold
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a common complaint with the base game was that it needed more variability with the cards that are available in the supply. Not sure if that's addressed with the included expansion, but that seems to breath more life into other deckbuilders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, by supply, do you mean that you would like to see more cards available for purchase in the Market? or did you mean more starting deck cards?

I do have more cards in mind as Market cards but that wasn't the main focus of the new expansion. Definitely a stretch goal to keep in mind though! Maybe a couple new cards per faction?

It's interesting that you mention this as I hear of people not being able to get as many cards as they want to get from the Market, in general (meaning they wish they could buy more cards from the Market but there is never enough time). This is by design. The game is a deck builder but you don't always do a lot of deck building. I've played games where I buy 1 or 2 cards from the Market. I've played games where I buy 10 or 12 cards from the Market. Different strats for different games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Freehold
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Yes, I was referring to cards in the market. Maybe some additional variability with the events as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good call. Definitely adding some new events. And I will certainly look at adding some new Market cards as a stretch goal. We do have some new cards for purchase in the form of Illegal Tech but they aren't in the Market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
After all, a murder is only an extroverted suicide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I don't have any idea what to ask for, as I didn't play the base game, but the idea of a neoprene mat is good, as is one about player aids (ones that have a coherent design with the game, not just some dull white paper with text laugh )

Also, I hope this Deluxe edition will indeed contain all that has been printed in the past ! Chasing after some obscure promo card can be such a pain ninja

I'm really looking forward to the start of the campaign !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I do plan on putting everything into the deluxe edition - promos and booster may be a stretch goal but we'll see. My hope is to have everthing in there. Also, player aids will definitely be more than just white paper
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
France
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
After all, a murder is only an extroverted suicide.
mbmbmbmbmb
taranlewis wrote:
I do plan on putting everything into the deluxe edition - promos and booster may be a stretch goal but we'll see. My hope is to have everthing in there. Also, player aids will definitely be more than just white paper

That's great to read !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olly The Noob

Lancashire
msg tools
mbmb
Box insert for keeping everything in place. Makes transport, setting up and packing up so much easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the box insert idea. What do you guys think of plastic insert vs. Cardboard? Honestly, i'm a big fan of "dominion" style plastic inserts. I kind of like cardboard dividers. More like a basebal card or magic the gathering style box designed specifically for transporting cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olly The Noob

Lancashire
msg tools
mbmb
taranlewis wrote:
I like the box insert idea. What do you guys think of plastic insert vs. Cardboard? Honestly, i'm a big fan of "dominion" style plastic inserts. I kind of like cardboard dividers. More like a basebal card or magic the gathering style box designed specifically for transporting cards...

Definitely plastic inserts, if it doesn't affect price too much. Cardboard will warp easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
taranlewis wrote:

I thought the insert for colony card game looked good, so you can keep all the cards neat and with dividers know where they are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaptain Kanada
msg tools
mb
This will be my first go at KS, didn't want to miss out on this! Watched the runthrough by Rahdo, sold on the art and the design. My only suggestion would be to echo the idea to include promos and other 'one-offs' as backer or stretch goals... While I appreciate that some games' retail copies are more and more including stretch goals these days, I also believe that backers should get a little something for helping get things rolling. Just something to consider, as chasing down all the little side stuff and extras and promos can be daunting, although I realize they are a vehicle for promotion and creating an audience, etc. Food for thought! Regardless, will be there when it all gets rolling. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I would love a good plastic insert Dominion or Colony style. BUT, and it is a big but (and I cannot lie), making one that makes both sleevers and non-sleevers happy is the BIG challenge. (For the record I am a non-sleever.) A good compromise could be a sturdy two channel cardboard insert or constructed box with foam blocks and some sturdy, labeled card dividers with full color artwork similar to Smash Up: The Big Geeky Box. And if you want to go top end, make the dividers out of plastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent ideas rolling in here. I do plan on making all content available for this go around. It is a deluxe edition after all

Dividers seem like a logical early stretch goal as well. I want some of those myself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
chrisemsd wrote:
Personally I would love a good plastic insert Dominion or Colony style. BUT, and it is a big but (and I cannot lie), making one that makes both sleevers and non-sleevers happy is the BIG challenge. (For the record I am a non-sleever.) A good compromise could be a sturdy two channel cardboard insert or constructed box with foam blocks and some sturdy, labeled card dividers with full color artwork similar to Smash Up: The Big Geeky Box. And if you want to go top end, make the dividers out of plastic.

Just had a look at The Big Geeky Box, that looks good, here is hoping we get something like this or close to it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Linen Cardstock?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taran Kratz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Linen card stock will be an early stretch goal for sure. The big geeky box would be ideal (well not quite so big but that style if possible).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, style/design, not size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claire
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
taranlewis wrote:
Linen card stock will be an early stretch goal for sure. The big geeky box would be ideal (well not quite so big but that style if possible).

Out of curiosity how big will the box be?

And thank you for being so active here and answering questions etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.