Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frederic Manson
France
Istres
Bouches du Rhone
flag msg tools
badge
Okay, Geekers, I want to play to this BB game but before to give some Euros to DTRPG for the rulebook, I need your help.

I know approximately the rules of the game - I played once and I was hit by the ball, a direct one in my glasses!! I was stunted for few seconds... It was so great!! But my team lost the game... cry

I know that this game, when it is ported to our hobby - I have in mind the Strat-o-Matic system, is mostly based on the players' stats. So, I think that Deadball too also needs these stats to be played like the player wants.

Where do I find these stats?? What do I need to play this game like it must be played?? How do I build my team with what (redundant question??)??

I greatly appreciate any help to really jump on this game!!!

[Edit:
I just found a Strat-o-Matic Baseball 2015 in SW on Ebay for peanuts!! And I also have ordered Deadball on DTRPG as well!! whistle ]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles de Rais
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/ is a user friendly source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
Strat needs a lot more stats to be precise than deadball does. Your best bet for stats for either is baseball reference. Hands down the best baseball site for stats on the net. Fangraphs is great for even more advanced stats.

Or you can just use my team generator and let the computer do the work for you!

www.sweethoss.com/deadball
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Akers
msg tools
designer
publisher
tjans wrote:
Strat needs a lot more stats to be precise than deadball does. Your best bet for stats for either is baseball reference. Hands down the best baseball site for stats on the net. Fangraphs is great for even more advanced stats.

Seconded all around! I find Fangraphs and Baseball Reference to both be excellent, and Travis' generator is an even faster way to get going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Manson
France
Istres
Bouches du Rhone
flag msg tools
badge
Okay guys!! So I found these data. Now I need to know how to interpret them into the game system...

I just flip-flap the rules and... I really need to understand all these short cuts!!!

I will print them, first. It's much better to read on a paper than on a screen...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V B
Ukraine
Kyiv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
tjans wrote:

Travis Jansen, thank you very much for your generator!
Explain to me, please, some features:
1. Some players (2016: Joc Pederson, Michael Conforto...) have traits C+ C-
Which one should I use?
2. The values in the F% and Range columns are different. F% is used for Defense on Outs, Range is used for Defense on Hits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
Quote:
1. Some players (2016: Joc Pederson, Michael Conforto...) have traits C+ C-
Which one should I use?

Both! A player with C+ gets good contact and is a doubles hitter, a C- guy strikes out a lot...use them together...

Quote:

2. The values in the F% and Range columns are different. F% is used for Defense on Outs, Range is used for Defense on Hits?

You got it. Defense is tricky, so I rate the players against all other players at that position with 100 chances or more and grade on a curve. F is Fielding %, R is for saving hits...I use a modified system for this but there's nothing stopping you from combining the rating and using normal rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V B
Ukraine
Kyiv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Travis Jansen, thanks for your answers.
I see you change symbols to F and R. It's сonvenient
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.