London
msg tools
mb

Hi there - I'm mid battle as Ghillie (solo) versus 2 Troll Enforcers

I have just rolled 4 dice:

2 damage dice (2,1)
1 Mult arrow (1)
1 Marked enemy (x2)

What happens now - the 2 baddies have THICK SKIN?

Does the x2 double up the total damage (3) of the attack dice? Or does that come into effect next time they're hit?

Also - does the reduction to 1 of THICK SKIN affect the first damage dice or does it effect the total damage rolled??

Would love to know how you'd apply the rules here!

Thanks team!

Andy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bors
msg tools
I think it is Hardy that reduces dam to 1 so thick skin only blocks the very first dmg. Remember you can always lock the double dmg for another fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Oh yes I see - Thick Skin just ignores the first point of damage. Can the double effect the incoming damage though or is it the NEXT hit??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dumas
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Bors said, as far as the double damage is concerned, you can use it this turn, or place it on a baddy and it will have to be used the next time they take damaged. As a point of clearification you do not "lock" the x2 dice (i.e. it does not go in your locked area of your mat) but rather you place it on the baddie that is your target for that attack. If you choose to do that the x2 damage must be used the next time that baddie takes damage. You can not choose to wait again. So for the x2 it is either use it the turn you roll it, or use it the next time they take damage.

Thick Skin reduces the first point of damage the baddie takes after shields have been eliminated. So if neither of the baddies have shields on them it would play out this way:

First baddie (original target)- you would do the damage from both of your attack dice (2 and 1) for 3 damage. Apply the multiplier for X2 making total damage given 6. Thick skin would subtract one of those damage points making final damage to baddie 5. (Alternatively you could also choose to not use the x2 damage this turn and just place it on him for the next time he gets hit. This turn he would take 3 damage - 1 for thick skin doing a total of 2 damage)

Second baddie (the one getting hit by the multi arrow)- The multi arrow just rolled for 1 point of damage so nothing would be done to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Snyder
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
PreacherMan05 wrote:
Like Bors said, as far as the double damage is concerned, you can use it this turn, or place it on a baddy and it will have to be used the next time they take damaged. As a point of clearification you do not "lock" the x2 dice (i.e. it does not go in your locked area of your mat) but rather you place it on the baddie that is your target for that attack. If you choose to do that the x2 damage must be used the next time that baddie takes damage. You can not choose to wait again. So for the x2 it is either use it the turn you roll it, or use it the next time they take damage.

Thick Skin reduces the first point of damage the baddie takes after shields have been eliminated. So if neither of the baddies have shields on them it would play out this way:

First baddie (original target)- you would do the damage from both of your attack dice (2 and 1) for 3 damage. Apply the multiplier for X2 making total damage given 6. Thick skin would subtract one of those damage points making final damage to baddie 5. (Alternatively you could also choose to not use the x2 damage this turn and just place it on him for the next time he gets hit. This turn he would take 3 damage - 1 for thick skin doing a total of 2 damage)

Second baddie (the one getting hit by the multi arrow)- The multi arrow just rolled for 1 point of damage so nothing would be done to him.

I believe this is mostly right, except the part about the second baddie. I believe multi-arrow lets you apply the damage from # of dice, so multi-arrow 1 lets you apply the damage from 1 dice. In this case, you rolled a 2 and a 1 attk, so you would obviously want to apply the 2 attk, thus damaging him for 1 after thick skin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
This is amazing. Thanks so much!

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael G
msg tools
Hey, I thought the xdamage multiplier from Ghillie only worked from an ally's attack if you read it? I originally thought it could double Ghillie attack but why would it specify that?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you cite where you see this on Ghillie's Ref Sheet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The ref sheet says:
Ghillie Reference Sheet wrote:
Marked (I/BA) - Place on any Baddie. This Baddie takes x2 Dmg from all Atk Dice this turn or the next time it is Attacked (by ally).

The "(by ally)" only refers to "the next time it is Attacked", while "this turn" clearly refers to Ghillie's turn. They probably used "(by ally)" as a clarification because "next turn" wouldn't work and damage from other Baddies shouldn't count. Beware though that damage from Skill Dice is not affected by this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.