Archipelago» Forums » Rules

Subject: Explorer token and evolution card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephane B
Canada
flag msg tools
I everyone,

I have a question about use of explorer token...

Can i use an explorer token in place of a ressource to activate an evolution card ?

Example : for using an evolution card (dont remember the name) who need to pay 1 exotic fruit for having -1 rebelion ... can i pay this exotic fruit with an exlorer token ?

Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Forsberg
Sweden
Norrköping
Östergötland
flag msg tools
The boardgaming chef!
badge
"Anyone can cook but only the fearless can be great"
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes.

"An explorer token can only be converted during a crisis or when a player performs an action requiring one or more resources. A resource so obtained contributes towards the action’s resource requirement, including selling that same resource. Multiple explorer tokens can be converted into resources during the same action or crisis."

You can use the explorer token when an action/crisis (i would say a evolution card is a action) needs a resource you dont have (or for that matter dont want to use a cube)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that you can use the explore token only if the resource you want to use it for is still available in the reserve. Otherwise the explore token can't be converted to that specific resource.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HEEREN Xavier
Belgium
Liège
Lièe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Soul_Guile wrote:
Remember that you can use the explore token only if the resource you want to use it for is still available in the reserve. Otherwise the explore token can't be converted to that specific resource.

only if you need to take a resource cube...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
cmoipap wrote:

only if you need to take a resource cube...

Which is always when you spend it: "An explorer token can be turned into a single resource cube"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane B
Canada
flag msg tools
The rule say : you can use an explorer token in a crisis or in an action.
Then logically, if i play an explorer token as a ressource cost for playing an evolution card, that card is played like an action ? Is playing evolution card is an action ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Clinite
msg tools
mbmb
I believe

Quote:

Phase 5: Actions*

*In the order of your choice:

- Play one action

- Use a character or progress card

- Use a market or a port

is all a part of the same "action", if that makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane B
Canada
flag msg tools
Ok then, i'll play like this ☺ thx all for your help !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.