Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: tinker's lvl6 card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
does it activate the turn it comes out, or does it start on your next turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Karasek
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards say end of your next X turns, so I have been playing that it doesn't activate the turn it comes out. Saying that I was curious if this was correct or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
nickk88 wrote:
The cards say end of your next X turns, so I have been playing that it doesn't activate the turn it comes out. Saying that I was curious if this was correct or not.

Yeah, that's how we've been playing it too, but still not 100% sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Any persistent card that triggers "at the end of your next X turns" is intended to trigger at the end of your current turn as well. I know it's not entirely consistent with other terminology, but there is no succinct way to say "on your next X turns, including this one."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd T
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:
Any persistent card that triggers "at the end of your next X turns" is intended to trigger at the end of your current turn as well. I know it's not entirely consistent with other terminology, but there is no succinct way to say "on your next X turns, including this one."

How about:
"This and the following X turns..."
?

I can see how the current card saying on 'next' makes you question if it includes this one or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cephalofair wrote:

why bother with 'next X' at all? it's implicit because you've got a progress meter on the card. so you probably would have been better off saying "at the (beginning/end) of your turn, do (thing)" and rely on the progress tracker to communicate how long it will last...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicke Nyfiken
msg tools
Sorry for a late bump but I was wondering about the auto turret and some other cards.

Will the counter move even though there is no target it sight? I assume yes.

What about the beacon of light?
If I generate a sun at the same time as I used the ´sun that was out. Does the beacon of light counter move or will this be a timing issue that the player decides?
I choose to generate the light before activating BoL and that means that the light is full and BoL don't produce light.
We have been playing it that way, but curious about if it's correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.