Popular Tags: war [+] ww2 [+] history [+] design [+] [View All]
Ben Akers
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone, I've been doing a LOT of research myself, but public opinion is always good imo. So essentially if you can share information on any of the below items I would be so thankful. Perhaps y'all will give some historical insight I haven't found yet!

Creating equipment for each of the following countries involved in WW2.

Italy
Germany
Russia
America
Japan
England

Specifically need the following items for each country from that era.
Head Gear
Armor/Attire
Foot Gear
Handheld Weapons
Vehicles

Thank you for any input given, I can't wait to share this game in full with the BGG community!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not wishing to be negative, you really cannot find what head gear the Germans wore in ww2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That list should give you a place to start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_World_War_II_military...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stevenson
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bcakers wrote:
England

England was not one of the combatants in the second world war, although Britain certainly was. There's some historical insight for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For miniature wargame ideas and details I have used magazines from Purnell's History of the Second World series.
For equipment and uniforms check out Osprey books https://ospreypublishing.com/ they have a vast selection and you can delve as deep as you like.
To get a wider idea on English ,British troops look up commonwealth equipment.

Play Warfighter: The WWII Tactical Combat Card Game as well , great fun with a plethora of troop equipment in game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bcakers wrote:

Italy
(Nazi Occupied) Germany
Russia USSR
America 'Murica
Japan
England UK

FIFY whistle

I found this through a quick google search. Hope it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Akers
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@boaty I have found stuff for each of these items, I am simply getting public opinion before I make the prototype cards in case I may have missed . Thanks for the input on the England/UK/Britain thing, wasn't sure what to label it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bcakers wrote:
@boaty I have found stuff for each of these items, I am simply getting public opinion before I make the prototype cards in case I may have missed . Thanks for the input on the England/UK/Britain thing, wasn't sure what to label it.
Sorry I was not sure what you were actually asking for (to be frank I am still not sure, do you want opinions about colours, types to use, most typical?).

UK, best label it "commonwealth" as it encompassed a lot more then just the English, Scots, welsh and Irish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Akers
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for real items. For example U.S. had a helmet, the Army W-699 Sun, had the M-3 Stuart as a vehicle, had a M1 Bayonet for a weapon, etc. They will be cards drawn and equipped.

Appreciate the feedback on the UK thing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bcakers wrote:
Looking for real items. For example U.S. had a helmet, the Army W-699 Sun, had the M-3 Stuart as a vehicle, had a M1 Bayonet for a weapon, etc. They will be cards drawn and equipped.

Appreciate the feedback on the UK thing!
Ahh, I think I see, you want pictures that you can use?

You might be better off going to a reenactors site, they may well have tons of pictures they will let you use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Akers
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you so desire to do that then that would be helpful as I go forward, but primarily just looking for names of gear/equipment to look up before I finalize these cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bcakers wrote:
If you so desire to do that then that would be helpful as I go forward, but primarily just looking for names of gear/equipment to look up before I finalize these cards.
OK

No one really used body Armour in WW2, some sets were made but not common issue.

Russia Steel bib, or Stalnoi Nagrudnik, in essence a cast breast plate.
US only used body Armour from 1945, T34, the T39, the T62E1, and the M12.
The commonwealth used a form of front only breast plate from about 1942, usually worn under the BD. It has (as far as I can tell) no official name.

Note (no idea about other nations) but the British had less then 1% of 1% of men wearing body armour as it was just too bulky (and it was light compare to the soviet model).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
M1943 Field Jacket - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a1/M1943_Fi...
M1943 Combat Service Boots - https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0b/Combat_B...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread would probably go 20 pages if you posted it in the Wargames subdomain.

Pete (points to the still-hot Germany in WWI thread)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Akers
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks pete, I'm new to bgg and still figuring out where to post stuff and how to navigate!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Setser
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Developer - "Bayonets & Tomahawks" and "Imperial Struggle"
mbmbmbmbmb
As a long time wargamer, my first thought upon reading this was - "What, this is not in the wargames section?" Those guys know tons of stuff and would certainly assist you on your way. I'm more of a vehicles kind of guy rather than individual pieces of gear historian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.