Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: At end of Scenario 10 do you unlock scenario 21 AND 22...or do you choose one? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Gass-Donnelly
msg tools
mbmbmb
VERY MINOR SPOILERS

The printing suggests both are available to you. But if you do scenario 22, which then unlocks 35 or 36...can you go back and do 21? According to the scenario requirements in the book, yes, you can. But that wouldn't really make sense because the BOSS would already be dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
This was a loophole that has been fixed in the next printing.

Achievement name spoilers:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Basically, if you have either 'The Demon Dethroned' or 'The Rift Closed' achievements, you should count yourself as having the other one too.

You can check the FAQ and the 2nd printing changelog to double check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezra McNichols
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Can I get some more information about this? All questions in spoilers:

I've read the FAQ, which says:
Quote:
TYPO - If you already have a sticker in the space that "The Rift Closed" global achievement should be placed, do not cover it up. In this case, either don't place "The Rift Closed" sticker, or place it somewhere to the side of the map.

and the Changelog, which says:

Quote:
Global achievements: Combined "The Demon Dethroned" and "The Rift Closed" into a single achievement "The Rift Neutralized," as it was causing many problems that they were separate. To fix this problem in the first printing, just use either one (whichever you gain first) as a representation of both for scenario requirements. It is still possible to gain this achievement twice, but if you have it once, you can't earn it again.

I'm more confused than ever.

Does the relationship go both ways? It makes sense that after you close the portal you can't kill the demon, but can you kill the demon then close the portal? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. We did scenario 5. We saw that scenario 19 is would meet some requirements for my wife's personal quest so we'd like to do that. But we figured we'd be able to go in and scope out the portal before closing it, so we did 10. Before we do our next scenario, either 21 or 22, should we stop and go do 19? It seems to me that even if you make the changes in the FAQ and/or the second printing, you can do 21 or 22 and follow them to conclusion, and then still do scenario 19 and then 27. We don't want to miss out on scenario 19 but if we can hold off to finish the inside-the-rift storyline we'd like to do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
What are the requirements for 19 and 27?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezra McNichols
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
19 just needs the power of enhancement. 27 needs artifact list incomplete and Stone breakers censer, a party achievement from 19. So it seems like you'd need able to, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
ecm85 wrote:
19 just needs the power of enhancement. 27 needs artifact list incomplete and Stone breakers censer, a party achievement from 19. So it seems like you'd need able to, right?
I see no reason why you couldn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A probably stupid question. The story seems to imply that we must choose either one scenario immediately. The rulebook does not show any constraint.

So we could still run back to town and ignore what he demon says, like play scenario 3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Latimore
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmb
hokuto_su wrote:
A probably stupid question. The story seems to imply that we must choose either one scenario immediately. The rulebook does not show any constraint.

So we could still run back to town and ignore what he demon says, like play scenario 3?
You certainly can. You can RP it by saying you agreed to do it and left, but haven't actually made up your mind yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.