Popular Tags: [View All]
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
If you didn't know, the French President elect is married to an older woman, who incidentally was his teacher when he was 15 and a classmate of her daughter.

Without looking it up Donald Trump is about twice the age of Melania. Though I know little about their relationship or how they met, the optics are very "trophy wifeish"

No matter how you feel about the politics, both situations are out of the ordinary.

Absent proof to the otherwise I'll assume the Macron's weren't hooking up when he was her student.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I think I read somewhere the Macrons are separated by the same number of years as the Trumps (24 or so).

The Macron situation is far less ordinary than the Trumps, but yes, there are interesting angles here. Brigette, though, to me, is more attractive, but that could be we're the same age and I favor women that are my age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:
I think I read somewhere the Macrons are separated by the same number of years as the Trumps (24 or so).

The Macron situation is far less ordinary than the Trumps, but yes, there are interesting angles here. Brigette, though, to me, is more attractive, but that could be we're the same age and I favor women that are my age.

I will mightily disagree, Brigitte Macron is not unattractive, but Melania Trump is very attractive...IMHO

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GuidoVanHorn wrote:
Melania Trump is very attractive...IMHO

Before Trump. You can't wash the taint away that's there now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
GuidoVanHorn wrote:
Melania Trump is very attractive...IMHO

Before Trump. You can't wash the taint away that's there now.

He carries the taints of ex-lovers around in small golden boxes?

Now, that crosses the line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

GuidoVanHorn wrote:
If you didn't know, the French President elect is married to an older woman, who incidentally was his teacher when he was 15 and a classmate of her daughter.

Without looking it up Donald Trump is about twice the age of Melania. Though I know little about their relationship or how they met, the optics are very "trophy wifeish"

No matter how you feel about the politics, both situations are out of the ordinary.

Absent proof to the otherwise I'll assume the Macron's weren't hooking up when he was her student.

Ahhh, but would you have said the same thing about Newt Gingrich and his first wife?

At age 19, Newt Gingrich married Jacqueline May “Jackie” Battley, his former high school geometry teacher. (She was 26.) They had two daughters – Kathy Gingrich Lubbers and Jackie Gingrich Cushman.

In September 1980, Gingrich and their children visited her while she was in the hospital, recovering from surgery for cancer, and Gingrich wanted to discuss the terms of their divorce. (In 1984, she told The Washington Post that the divorce had been a "complete surprise" to her.)

The couple divorced in 1981.

In 2011, CNN discovered documents that showed that Jackie Gingrich had asked a judge to delay divorce proceedings. At the time of CNN’s report, however, Gingrich was running for the 2012 Republican Presidential nomination and his campaign insisted that it was Jackie who was the one who first filed for divorce.

In hindsight, perhaps she should have done so, because Newt had left her for Marianne, the woman who became his second wife, because he thought Jackie "wasn't good Congressional wife material."

Jackie Gingrich died in August 2013 at age 77.

“I was married very young and had my first daughter when I was very young, in fact at the end of my freshman year in college,” Gingrich said in a 2007 radio interview with Focus on the Family’s James Dobson, ABC News reported at the time. “And after a period of time, about 18 years, things just didn’t work out,” Newt added. (So, Gingrich never owned up to his prejudging Marianne as "not being good Congressional wife material".)

Six months after his first divorce, Gingrich married his second wife, Marianne Ginther, a 28-year-old congressional aide who he started seeing before the divorce was completed. This started a pattern for Gingrich, because his third wife, Callista, was also a congressional aide with whom he was having an affair with before he divorced Marianne. (Even though Gingrich started that affair with Callista in 1993, when he was Speaker of the House in 1998, Newt announced that spring that he would be bashing Bill Clinton for the Monica Lewinsky scandal in each and every speech he would maek from then on. He stopped doing it, however, after reporter Elizabeth Drew disclosed the growing rumor about Newt's impeachment-plot strategy to impeach both Clinton and Gore and thus, ascend to the Presidency himself.)

“He’d already asked her (Jackie) to marry him before he asked me for a divorce. Before he even asked!" Marianne told Esquire.

In a 2012 interview with ABC News, Marianne Gingrich claimed that Gingrich asked her about having an “open marriage,” where he could be married and have a mistress. She refused that notion.

In that 2007 interview with James Dobson, Gingrich did admit to having had an affair while the House of Representatives was moving to impeach Clinton for his affair with Lewinsky. “There are times that I have fallen short of my own standards,” Gingrich said at the time.

After having negatively assessed that Jackie "wouldn't make good Presidential wife material", Newt Gingrich left his second wife in early 1999, and months later, Newt publicly unveiled his romance with Callista when they were seen and photographed walking hand in hand along the Washington Mall in early spring. Newt divorced second wife Marianne in December 1999 and married Callista 9 months later in August 2000. (Callista is some 23 years younger than Newt.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:

GuidoVanHorn wrote:

Ahhh, but would you have said the same thing about Newt Gingrich and his first wife?

At age 19, Newt Gingrich married Jacqueline May “Jackie” Battley, his former high school geometry teacher. (She was 26.) They had two daughters – Kathy Gingrich Lubbers and Jackie Gingrich Cushman.

In September 1980, Gingrich and their children visited her while she was in the hospital, recovering from surgery for cancer, and Gingrich wanted to discuss the terms of their divorce. (In 1984, she told The Washington Post that the divorce had been a "complete surprise" to her.)

In 2011, CNN discovered documents that showed that Jackie Gingrich had asked a judge to delay divorce proceedings. At the time of CNN’s report, however, Gingrich was running for the 2012 Republican Presidential nomination and his campaign insisted that it was Jackie who was the one who first filed for divorce.

In hindsight, perhaps she should have done so, because Newt had left her for Marianne, the woman who became his second wife, because he thought Jackie "wasn't good Congressional wife material."

“I was married very young and had my first daughter when I was very young, in fact at the end of my freshman year in college,” Gingrich said in a 2007 radio interview with Focus on the Family’s James Dobson, ABC News reported at the time. “And after a period of time, about 18 years, things just didn’t work out,” Newt added. (So, Gingrich never owned up to his prejudging Marianne as "not being good Congressional wife material".)

Six months after his first divorce, Gingrich married his second wife, Marianne Ginther, a 28-year-old congressional aide who he started seeing before the divorce was completed. This started a pattern for Gingrich, because his third wife, Callista, was also a congressional aide with whom he was having an affair with before he divorced Marianne. (Even though Gingrich started that affair with Callista in 1993, when he was Speaker of the House in 1998, Newt announced that spring that he would be bashing Bill Clinton for the Monica Lewinsky scandal in each and every speech he would maek from then on. He stopped doing it, however, after reporter Elizabeth Drew disclosed the growing rumor about Newt's impeachment-plot strategy to impeach both Clinton and Gore and thus, ascend to the Presidency himself.)

“He’d already asked her (Jackie) to marry him before he asked me for a divorce. Before he even asked!" Marianne told Esquire.

In a 2012 interview with ABC News, Marianne Gingrich claimed that Gingrich asked her about having an “open marriage,” where he could be married and have a mistress. She refused that notion.

In that 2007 interview with James Dobson, Gingrich did admit to having had an affair while the House of Representatives was moving to impeach Clinton for his affair with Lewinsky. “There are times that I have fallen short of my own standards,” Gingrich said at the time.

After having negatively assessed that Jackie "wouldn't make good Presidential wife material", Newt Gingrich left his second wife in early 1999, and months later, Newt publicly unveiled his romance with Callista when they were seen and photographed walking hand in hand along the Washington Mall in early spring. Newt divorced second wife Marianne in December 1999 and married Callista 9 months later in August 2000. (Callista is some 23 years younger than Newt.)

*Disclaimer* I only read the first sentence because I find you tedious.*

WTF does Newt Gingrich have to do with anything?

* I don't expect an answer though I'm sure I will get one...I will not read it*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

GuidoVanHorn wrote:
ShreveportLAGamer wrote:
GuidoVanHorn wrote:

*Disclaimer* I only read the first sentence because I find you tedious.*

WTF does Newt Gingrich have to do with anything?

* I don't expect an answer though I'm sure I will get one...I will not read it*

At age 19, Newt Gingrich married Jacqueline May “Jackie” Battley, his former high school geometry teacher. (She was 26.)

Surely, they'd hooked up back when he was in high school, long before they got married, wouldn't ya think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khalid Shabazz
United States
NYC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
remorseless1 wrote:

Two women whose husbands hold the highest office in their respective countries and who could affect policy by that association, but let's discuss their attractiveness instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.