Milena Guberinic
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mina's Fresh Cardboard
mbmbmbmbmb

I haven't seen any of her reviews on BGG in the last 3 months, and her last blog post in early Feb2017 mentioned a break due to health issues.

A BGG search doesn't show any recent posts, but looks like she still visits BGG (NO, I'm not stalking her, was just using BGG tools to see her activity).

I really miss her Reviews and all the great game images she posted in the reviews. Plus, my 2-player gameplay likes/dislikes seemed to line up with her reviews fairly closely...

Hoping she is doing OK, and definitely hoping she returns to her frequent game reviews!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Guild
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She still posts on Instagram fairly regularly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any new posts from Elizabeth1000 on the Board Gamer Girl blog either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamemeltdown wrote:
She still posts on Instagram fairly regularly.

Where she links back to her BGG blog... No new reviews in 3+ months.

I was always amazed how many in-depth text reviews she posted (no sleep?),
maybe she's just taking a review vacation to recharge her batteries and do RL (non-BGG) things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NOBODY has any info? I honestly thought that her blog and reviews were very popular on BGG, and that somebody would have heard something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OgieGamer wrote:
NOBODY has any info? I honestly thought that her blog and reviews were very popular on BGG, and that somebody would have heard something...

I too was hoping someone else would chime in with info. I don't want to bother her directly. I miss her weekly posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
United States
Pottsboro
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to reform though.
badge
On the restless road to nowhere, there's no certain peace it seems.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question.
She does good reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
She last logged two days ago so at least there's that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OgieGamer wrote:
I enjoy reading her stuff, but I'm not sure how that would translate into knowing what's going on in her personal life. Am I supposed to be stalking popular people on BGG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I enjoy reading her stuff, but I'm not sure how that would translate into knowing what's going on in her personal life. Am I supposed to be stalking popular people on BGG?

I think the idea is that other people may have picked up something in a snippet here or there that you may not have come across. Or they may have personal knowledge they can share.

It's a pretty common thing, I think. I may follow Critical Role, for example, but you may really follow it. So, something may be said in another outlet I don't follow that you picked up.

We see it all the time in threads about companies and such. It's always amazing to me how much people seem to know about the goings on of FFG or some other publisher. I just assume they are more plugged in than I am.

It's not "stalking" so much as just being plugged into a variety of outlets that might yield information.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is how I know i don't think like other people.

The op said she mentioned taking time off for health reasons. Then asks where is she?

Answer: taking time off for health reasons. Right in the op so I don't understand why ask this question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perrin2017 wrote:

The op said she mentioned taking time off for health reasons. Then asks where is she?

Answer: taking time off for health reasons. Right in the op so I don't understand why ask this question.

It seems clear to me that the op is really expressing concern, and hoping that there's not a prolonged health problem.

It may be that someone would happen to recall that she said something about moving house, or taking on a new job or something else that would explain her absence.

I don't think it's odd to worry about someone, particularly when they've mentioned health concerns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is no one worried about "Grognard"!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote her a couple months ago to see if she was okay and she replied that, yes, she was okay but taking some time off for health reasons. She also said she's still active on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
Because a) I know exactly why he hasn't been posting on BGG and b) I prefer the improvement in the signal to noise ratio. His posts were mostly unintelligible to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
She's playing Yamatai with Steph:

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/64380/gathering-part-2-20...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
entwife wrote:
Perrin2017 wrote:

It seems clear to me that the op is really expressing concern, and hoping that there's not a prolonged health problem.

It may be that someone would happen to recall that she said something about moving house, or taking on a new job or something else that would explain her absence.

I don't think it's odd to worry about someone, particularly when they've mentioned health concerns.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. I'm concerned, and wanted to make sure everything is ok. I don't follow her blog so I didn't know her initial reasons for going off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug O
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perrin2017 wrote:

In my own defense: her last blog post in early February 2017 said taking a break for a week due to her health (sinus problems), and currently no blog posts for 3+ months. I was merely concerned (1) because she understated the health problem, and I was hoping it was not more serious (2) it was interesting that a prolific reviewer went radio-silent, esp. after mentioning a health issue and (3) I enjoy reading her reviews and missed them...

Nothing More / Nothing Less
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're not worried because we know why he's gone. But I do wonder how long the suspension was and if he's not coming back by choice...

Pete (thinks it's been a few months)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:

Because they are busy being worried about "GROGnads".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
15 Keys
United States
Living in the Delco
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:

Because some of us are just happy that the unintelligible thread-crapper whose act got old years ago is just not around anymore. I thought he was mostly harmless but annoying, but then I read his attempts at "humor" that got him banned. Good riddance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, good to know she's doing fine. I followed her blog but didn't want to pester her, so this thread is a nice initiative, thanks OP and others for the news.

Of course, it would be nice to see her back, but only if it's something positive for her, not one more reason to stress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fifteenkeys wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:

Because some of us are just happy that the unintelligible thread-crapper whose act got old years ago is just not around anymore. I thought he was mostly harmless but annoying, but then I read his attempts at "humor" that got him banned. Good riddance.

Preach on brother!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett
United States
Presque Isle
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fifteenkeys wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:

I agree with the above post in a slightly less harsh manner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fifteenkeys wrote:
killerjoe1962 wrote:

Eh, he was incomprehensible, but it became a BGG in-joke and honestly I miss him a teeny bit.

Trey (thinks Grognard's schtick is less tired and more humorous than Pete's)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.