Subject: Defcon Suicide on Playdek Version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Webb
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I was playing the AI on the Steam version. I tried to "Defcon Suicide" the US player with Lone Gunman, and the game pinned the loss on me. Can you just not do that on the computer version? Or did I do it wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
spudrph wrote:
I was playing the AI on the Steam version. I tried to "Defcon Suicide" the US player with Lone Gunman, and the game pinned the loss on me. Can you just not do that on the computer version? Or did I do it wrong?

If you are the Phasing Player, and through your actions cause the DEFCON to drop below 2, you lose the game. (Global Thermonuclear War happened on your watch.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spudrph wrote:

So you did a coup when the AI played Lone Gunman as the US? And you lost as USSR?

That would be another bug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valentine

Texas
msg tools
mb
mkiefte wrote:
spudrph wrote:

So you did a coup when the AI played Lone Gunman as the US? And you lost as USSR?

Unless he was under CMC, then the loss would be on him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilkens
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not seen any issues with DEFCON suicide in the Playdek version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MichaelVal wrote:
mkiefte wrote:
spudrph wrote:

Unless he was under CMC, then the loss would be on him.

OP, here is a link to the Cuban Missile Crisis corner case that MichaelVal was talking about:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/497436/who-loses-cuban-miss...

If the US on his turn played Lone Gunman at Defcon 2 and you tried to coup a battleground to drop Defcon to 1, you would win UNLESS Cuban Missile Crisis was in effect against you and you were barred from couping. If you have no influence in Cuba to remove, you are out of luck and he gets out of defcon suicide Scot-free!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather than speculate, it would be more productive for the OP to describe the situation more fully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.