The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Forest Snare rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Corbett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If an enemy can't attack as it is caught in a forest snare, I still deal a shadow card to it at the start of the combat phase, is that correct? If so, does the shadow card ever get flipped and resolved, or left face down and discarded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Franklin
United Kingdom
Braintree
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's discarded. If the enemy doesn't attack, the card doesn't resolve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was always a little confused on this card, seems a little overpowered. You can literally just engage an enemy, deal with his attack for one round, then next round throw the net on him and he's stuck there the rest of the game, helpless, until you decide to put him out of his misery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's definitely a powerful effect -- but for 3 resources I expect a powerful effect. The boss enemies all seem to be either immune to player cards or have a "no attachments" provision, so it's a rare quest where I'd rather see Forest Snare in my hand than Wellinghall Preserver.

Where Forest Snare really shines (aside from Journey down the Anduin) is with Dunedain decks and/or Damrod decks. With Damrod the Forest Snare can cost 2 (if it's the first trap played) and you get a card draw with it. And since Dunedain decks get powered up by engaged enemies, even a piddling enemy caught in a Forest Snare can benefit you turn after turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.