Dark Souls: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Boss movement via leap rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kade Simonson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Ok so from what i understand if the boss would move towards closest/aggro but that model is already based with boss it just turns towards them or skips the movement entirely if already facing them. Do i have that correct?
My question now is in refference to leap. The boreal outrider has a card:Leaping Frost. The card reads attack forward and right arcs then leap too aggro repeat. If I'm based with boss and have aggro. Does he still leap?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Brennan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Eternally
badge
Deluded
mbmbmbmbmb
Inevitableq wrote:
Ok so from what i understand if the boss would move towards closest/aggro but that model is already based with boss it just turns towards them or skips the movement entirely if already facing them. Do i have that correct?
My question now is in refference to leap. The boreal outrider has a card:Leaping Frost. The card reads attack forward and right arcs then leap too aggro repeat. If I'm based with boss and have aggro. Does he still leap?

technically yes, he just lands on the same square as that's where the aggro player is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kade Simonson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Ok. Thank you. I wasn't sure since for other movement it would just skip it since the boss was already there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bowie
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Well the leap movement includes a push, always, and when a model with push movement activates it automatically pushes all models on the same node BEFORE following move instructions. This means that the players are all pushed off of the boss's node before the leap happens, which means that when the boss DOES leap, it is impossible for the player to be in the same space as the boss.

What would happen is this:

1. Boss determines who the target of the leap will be. If this is 'closest character' and multiple characters share the same node with the boss, ties will break based on who has the aggro token, followed by the priority numbers on the character sheets.

2. Boss pushes all characters sharing a node with the boss.

3. Boss teleports without turning onto the target's node, pushing all characters on that node.

This is my understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.