Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I picked up a second starter set of eBay, minus the minis, and created an extra set of cards and tokens. Now I have enough stuff to play an 8 player game. The only think I need now are 2 more of the gladiators, one is on the way and I'll pick the last one up soon. The plan is to use both boards side by side. If that doesn't work we will use the game mat for Hoplomachus.

Also, I know the bat wing symbol is for the Night Lords, I just thought it looked pretty cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Grodd1016 wrote:
I picked up a second starter set of eBay, minus the minis, and created an extra set of cards and tokens. Now I have enough stuff to play an 8 player game. The only think I need now are 2 more of the gladiators, one is on the way and I'll pick the last one up soon. The plan is to use both boards side by side. If that doesn't work we will use the game mat for Hoplomachus.

Also, I know the bat wing symbol is for the Night Lords, I just thought it looked pretty cool

Amazing!

If I could offer some advice, I'd be tempted to reduce all the numbers on the Wrath track by 1. Test this out, obviously, but my first thought is that one round is gonna take a very long time to complete with 8 players, meaning the Wrath mechanic (whereby your actions affect the number of initiative cards you get next round) won't have as much of an impact. Reducing the number of cards players get will make the rounds a bit shorter, and should stop this being an issue. But yeah, try it out – and make sure you report back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks James I'll give that a try and let you know.

Any thoughts on bringing other chaos champions into the mix? I'd love to see some rules for the Blightkings, the Lord of Plagues, The Ogroid Thaumaturge or the Curseling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Williams
United Kingdom
Rossendale
Lancs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a 6 player league going and currently use 2 boards. I'm thinking of putting the 2 boards together for a season finale, so was just wondering how you went with this and James' suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I'm actually hoping to get an 8 player game to the table tomorrow. I haven't had chance yet to play. I'll let you know how it goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Well, only 3 other people showed up, so I wasn't able to get an 8 player game in. But on the plus side this happened. I had 6 wounds and took a Headshot critical. I guess it wasn't my time.

I actually rallied and took out the other player. KHORNE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M Hewitt
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing! Moments like that make me dead proud of this'un.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.