Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was super excited to get this game, but after breaking it out yesterday, I was disappointed that they chose to use blue and purple as damage markers. For someone with deuteranopia (red-green) color blindness, they are VERY difficult to tell apart. In poor lighting, the green is also difficult to tell apart from blue and purple. I'm probably going to mark up the purple pieces.

I think this could have easily been avoided with colors like light gray or orange. I don't understand how there are publishers (especially one such as CGE) that still don't seem to use color blind friendly palettes.

Anyways, if you are color blind like me, just know going in that you might have some issues with this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Agner Holm
Denmark
Aarhus C
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a friend who had the same problem when we played. We solved it by just having one of the players place all their "blood drops" upside down. That way they were easily distinguishable by orientation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agner wrote:
I have a friend who had the same problem when we played. We solved it by just having one of the players place all their "blood drops" upside down. That way they were easily distinguishable by orientation.

That's a good idea, too. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziga Zupanek
Slovenia
Domžale
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I feel you. Sadly the only colour that I can determine easily is yellow. Pity they didn't consult a colourblind players before choosing the colours. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oksySLO wrote:
I feel you. Sadly the only colour that I can determine easily is yellow. Pity they didn't consult a colourblind players before choosing the colours. soblue

Ouch, that's terrible! Even worse than me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.