Next War: India-Pakistan» Forums » General

Subject: newbie questionning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
d t
France
flag msg tools
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a next war game, but i need your help.
Which one between NWT and NWIP seems to be the best one.
I know that naval warfare isn't in IP, but is there any other significative differences you can point which help to decide please?

Thanks for driving a new next war serie player .

Have a nice day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Carmel-Veilleux
Canada
Charlottetown
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The lack of the really complex naval rules streamlines NWIP a lot. I think NWIP is the better intro to the system.

NWT is very asymmetric, the PRC is dominant but geography limits their reach. So most NWT games devolve on whether the PRC can seize enough ports to land a force capable of securing TW. The ROC player is reactive only, at least for the first few turns until major foreign reinforcement arrive (if they do.)

NWIP is much more symmetric, ROI and IROP are very closely matched and there's a variety of foreign intervention available to tip the scale either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d t
France
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot for your answer.
India looks interesting for sure. It seems air warfare is an important matter in those 2 games, but can you tell me if there is any difference between special forces and cyberwarfare in IP/NWT please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luca rei
Germany
flag msg tools
The rules are the same for both games, so there are, with the exception of some game specific rules, no differences.

I would recommend NW:IP for a beginner, it`s straight forward and with manageable force sizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d t
France
flag msg tools
Thanks for your answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.