Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played several games now, and like I typically do with games that are new to me, I went back to re-read the rules with a better understanding after getting a couple of games under my belt.

In this read-through, I noticed something about the Both Down result on the block dice. While the rules for Defender Stumbles and Defender Down specifically say that the defender is pushed back and knocked down, the Both Down rules don't say anything about being pushed back. We've been playing that if the result is Both Down and the attacker has Block but the defender doesn't, that there is a push back and knock down.

However, as I said, the rules don't actually mention push backs anywhere in the Both Down paragraph on page 16.

So if a defender is affected by Both Down and doesn't have block, are they pushed back? What about when both the attacker and defender don't have block on a Both Down roll?

Edit: Looking some more, Both Down does mention the player being Knocked Down obviously, but the Knocked Down rules don't mention push backs as a default action with being Knocked Down. The rules always mention them as two separate items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Both down puts the attacker and defender down in their current spaces if they don't have block. If one has block, they stay standing in their current space and the other is down in their current space. No movement involved and no follow up.

Edit - and if both have block, they just glare at each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hall
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MilesF wrote:
Both down puts the attacker and defender down in their current spaces if they don't have block. If one has block, they stay standing in their current space and the other is down in their current space. No movement involved and no follow up.

Thanks. We were definitely playing Both Down wrong then, although I think it only came up once or twice during our few games so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.