Hide
3 Posts

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Dice Masters» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mandatory actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
notyour business
msg tools
So the action dice with the burst symbols, the manual says they're not optional, does this mean I can't reroll them, or am I forced to do them AFTER the roll phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Fritz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the rule book section you're referring to. It means that the text that comes after the *, ** or */** indicator on the card is considered to be in effect if the matching symbol appears on the die -- you can't choose to ignore it.

It's a mechanism for the game designers to have an effect for that only comes into play 1/6 or 2/6 of the time rather than every time the die comes up action rather than energy.

This also applies to characters that have burst text.

Other than that, it has no impact on whether you can re-roll dice or when you do so.

Basically, if a card has some text preceded by a * and the die comes up on a face without the matching *, you ignore that text. If it comes up with the *, you use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul K.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The phrasing on this confuses me a lot when I was first learning as well. The burst text is not optional if you choose to use the Action. There are some actions with detrimental burst abilities, but if you rolled that side you would have to do those along with the rest of the ability when the action is used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.