Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Activated the objective an moved soldier in...did a draw...but the card is higher then the amount allowed do to the amount of my resource points...Do I discard it an there ends up being NO initial enemies in this objective?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
k9mike wrote:
Activated the objective an moved soldier in...did a draw...but the card is higher then the amount allowed do to the amount of my resource points...Do I discard it an there ends up being NO initial enemies in this objective?

When you place a location or activate the Objective the sum total of Hostile value you draw is to equal or greater.

eg if the value for the Objective "Observation Post"
the hostiles are
Hostiles
29- 2
30-49 3
50-74 4
75-99 6
100-124 9
125 12

So if the mission RPs are 50-74 then the Hostile value at activation is 4. So you draw hostile cards to the value of 4 or greater when you activate the Objective.

If the mission was 29- then the Hostile value at activation is 2, so if you draw a Sniper (Value 3) you would still place it.

Even if the mission (etc) reduced the Objectives Hostile Value to 0 or less you would still draw a Hostile card at activation.

------

It is differed..
When it comes to drawing Reinforcements then the Hostile card value must equal the Rein: value (or range of values - eg Rein 0 & 5-6 means any Hostile card of value 0, 5 or 6 would be placed).

Does that help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Liljequist
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, thanks David....was confused because was unsure if it would be placed or not since it went over on first draw...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Waite
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
What about an officers rein: 0-2 and you pull a 3? Is
That hostile discarded? Does it need to be hostiles
O,1 and 2?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jimwaite wrote:
What about an officers rein: 0-2 and you pull a 3? Is
That hostile discarded? Does it need to be hostiles
O,1 and 2?

Yes, the 3 card would be discarded. The officer can only bring reinforcements valued 0, 1 and 2.

So you see, the Reinforcement process is very different because there might be no Hostile Reinforcements appearing. Whereas when you draw for a placed Location you will get at least the value specified on the Location Card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.