BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: A Game for 19 - sniff ALL the paint rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
I think my misread of Royal was mistaken good fatigue giving me evil royal indications. Have to remember that for the future.

Nah, he was throwing off some of his usually evil fatigue stuff SUPER early. I stand by that only his D1 and when we were dancing around each other were him being DEFINITELY GOODTM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GG guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good Game, good!

Sorry for making a hash of it with Priestapalooza, Evil. The set is interesting because there's nothing else for the Tough Wolf to claim, though in retrospect being a Tough Villager is probably a more sustainable claim, at least until the village finds the Tough Villager.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I was super tempted to try and post right after the Game Over, just continuing my timewarp from Page 78 as though the game hadn't ended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
mbmbmbmbmb
great job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Thin White Duke
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know where I'm going from here, but I promise it won't be boring.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good game good! Sorry for sucking evil, we'll get 'em next time devil.

Really close run game! There was a lot of good back and forth between the teams here. I'm sure there's a strategic lesson in there somewhere but I'm tremendously lazy so someone else can go find it and I'll take notes.

Thanks for the game Smug and Ror!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I found super interesting was the impact that the villager hidden attributes all came into effect this game for good!

Beren correctly brutalled a wolf, Dake was viewed as the Tinker as so had to NKed as a clear, and Royal was detoughed by lynching - again clearing him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flash Gordon wrote:
Good game good! Sorry for sucking evil, we'll get 'em next time devil.

Really close run game! There was a lot of good back and forth between the teams here. I'm sure there's a strategic lesson in there somewhere but I'm tremendously lazy so someone else can go find it and I'll take notes.

Thanks for the game Smug and Ror!

your tell is that you are too nice to people in general and you stop being nice when you're a wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poor murph! soblue

that really sucked to be in that situation...I'm guessing his stress level was a bit high because of personal stuff/holiday/weekend/running other game. Been there. it stinks

don't really blame him for not trying at the end.

altho making a play on lemon could definitely have worked if done right away. I don't know how bound at the hip royal and lemon are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen

Spring
Texas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the game! I had a lot of fun. I was very surprised to be night killed but I think it worked out well for team good

Team evil also did good work and there were many times I thought you had it in the bag. Murph is a wily one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
One thing I found super interesting was the impact that the villager hidden attributes all came into effect this game for good!

Beren correctly brutalled a wolf, Dake was viewed as the Tinker as so had to NKed as a clear, and Royal was detoughed by lynching - again clearing him!

Yeah, it was pretty fortunate that we got to have so much info with the priest around, there was basically no FUD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stone
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Ant Man Joke
badge
2nd Ant Man Joke
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:

It was a weird game, because Amaroq, Anna, VVV, and I were all under early pressure. It was tough being an uninformed aux (although I definitely don't regret the move that I made to counter Amaroq since priest from a wolf is an unsustainable claim, and I thought there was a chance Amaroq was the priest and saw him softing it for the exact reasons I was softing it. Just wish we could have been on the same page, but I don't regret it.

The other big thing for evil was that the brutal wolf was the last one alive. If it was vanilla werewolf or cub we would have had a LHLV the last day, which we could have won.

This is a great set, and it could have gone either way, despite some early evil troubles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hill
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stonecutter129 wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:

It was a weird game, because Amaroq, Anna, VVV, and I were all under early pressure. It was tough being an uninformed aux (although I definitely don't regret the move that I made to counter Amaroq since priest from a wolf is an unsustainable claim, and I thought there was a chance Amaroq was the priest and saw him softing it for the exact reasons I was softing it. Just wish we could have been on the same page, but I don't regret it.

The other big thing for evil was that the brutal wolf was the last one alive. If it was vanilla werewolf or cub we would have had a LHLV the last day, which we could have won.

This is a great set, and it could have gone either way, despite some early evil troubles.

I wanted to shoot you so bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stone
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Ant Man Joke
badge
2nd Ant Man Joke
mbmbmbmbmb
BerenCamlost wrote:
stonecutter129 wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:

You thought I was good.

Also, I wish you did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stone
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Ant Man Joke
badge
2nd Ant Man Joke
mbmbmbmbmb
stonecutter129 wrote:
BerenCamlost wrote:
stonecutter129 wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:

You thought I was good.

Also, I wish you did.

Well, until the Paper claim, I should clarify that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Paper claim was beyond amazing. I believed you before then, too, Stone! I didn't mean to leave my vote on you, I tried to move it to Amaroq, but I didn't have the internet connection to manage it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
I did feel pretty bad for LJ though - she had the game solved in her spectator modchat and then had to do a complete tonal 180 to pretend that her correct organic reads she'd just made were wrong heh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
The Paper claim was beyond amazing. I believed you before then, too, Stone! I didn't mean to leave my vote on you, I tried to move it to Amaroq, but I didn't have the internet connection to manage it.

I'm STILL sad that I didn't claim priest on d2 when I didn't really buy any of the claims on the table.

I didn't think it was paper at that point, but I was convinced it wasn't vvv or stone. I think I was sort of wondering if it was amaroq based on my d1 read there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rorab wrote:
I did feel pretty bad for LJ though - she had the game solved in her spectator modchat and then had to do a complete tonal 180 to pretend that her correct organic reads she'd just made were wrong heh.

That is why she is so lovely.

Her entrance tone was spectacular too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
RoyalApe wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:

That is why she is so lovely.

Her entrance tone was spectacular too.

thumbsupthumbsup

I had no reservations until the next day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
mbmbmbmbmb
agree, lj's entrance was baller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dake wrote:
agree, lj 's entrance was is baller.

FTFY, Dake. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:

Bad mod. Bad!

Your job is to drink the sweet misery of players.

That was my responsibility.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugvid wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:

Bad mod. Bad!

Your job is to drink the sweet misery of players.

That was my responsibility.

Speaking of which, a huge Thank you to our Moderators! Without you, Priestapalooza is not possible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
Serious question: did my defense of Royal play into how he got mislynched? I was wondering if I blew and should have just shut up at that point in the game.
I hope you don't stop giving strong reads like you do, when you have them. I rely on them quite a lot, from a lot of people actually, but especially from you. Your read of ortho certainly helped me calm any fears about him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  197 , 198 , 199 , 200 , 201  Next »  [201] |