Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All, finally got to play this, had a blast. Two questions arose:

1) When a scene ends does that also trigger a round end?

Note: I could find nothing that suggested it did, however if the mission said something like "Play resumes with the player to the left" then if that meant play moved to the first player we triggered end of round stuff and thus did consider it a new round in cases where the timing fell that way.

2) We played "Against the Ancients" and on one side of the mission card in the corner there is a 1 value Crossfire symbol and on the other side a 2 value symbol. I couldn't see if these had any meaning, I guessed they were fancy side numbers (like page numbers) - Did I miss something?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigermuppetcut wrote:
Hi All, finally got to play this, had a blast. Two questions arose:

1) When a scene ends does that also trigger a round end?
Note: I could find nothing that suggested it did, however if the mission said something like "Play resumes with the player to the left" then if that meant play moved to the first player we triggered end of round stuff and thus did consider it a new round in cases where the timing fell that way.
No - the next scene will begin with the next active player. For example, if the last obstacle is defeated after the first player in player order has taken their turn, the 2nd player would start the next scene.
Quote:
2) We played "Against the Ancients" and on one side of the mission card in the corner there is a 1 value Crossfire symbol and on the other side a 2 value symbol. I couldn't see if these had any meaning, I guessed they were fancy side numbers (like page numbers) - Did I miss something?
Those are just page numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so what if the active player shifting around as a result of a new scene starting takes you from the last player (they beat the scene) to the first player - Were we right to trigger a new round under those conditions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigermuppetcut wrote:
Thanks so what if the active player shifting around as a result of a new scene starting takes you from the last player (they beat the scene) to the first player - Were we right to trigger a new round under those conditions?
We place the crossfire deck between player "1" and player "n". Any time play passes 'over' the crossfire deck, it starts a new round and you get a free life-altering crossfire event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigermuppetcut wrote:
Were we right to trigger a new round under those conditions?
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dodge
United States
PACIFIC PALISADES
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
tigermuppetcut wrote:
We place the crossfire deck between player "1" and player "n". Any time play passes 'over' the crossfire deck, it starts a new round and you get a free life-altering crossfire event.
Reviving this as we had this happen for the 1st time and it was a bit confusing (4 player game). The "mission leader" stays the same regardless of who starts a scene, correct?

Player 2 eliminates the final obstacle, scene ends. Next scene starts with player 3 going 1st. The existing crossfire card was put at bottom of the deck.

Which of the following (if any) is correct?

1) Player 3 and player 4 take their turns with no crossfire card in play, and the mission leader (player 1) puts one into play before their turn.

2) Player 3 becomes mission leader and plays one before they take the 1st turn of the scene and it is discarded and replaced before each of player 3's turns.

3) Player 3 puts a crossfire card into play, and that card is discarded and replaced by the mission leader (player 1) before his turn.

It seems that RAW it would be #1 above, but I'm new to this.

EDIT: I found a different thread that addressed this and said it was #1, sorry for the extra post...

Thanks!
RJD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. It's #1