Subject: Couple of rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Nixon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read and re-read the rules a couple of times. More or less happy, but needed a little bit of clarification.

1)in the main rule booklet for Net Runs (14), 14.3 states that "A positive result allows you to choose one action from the listed outcomes". I assume that no matter how many "positive" (5/6) rolls, you only get to carry out 1 action? Same goes for Quantum. I assume this because the other special actions have a "For Each" qualifier.

2) For "Mission Resolution", I don't understand what the point in "Determine the Team Challenge Value" is. This is the total number of dice you will get to roll...but then you are told you roll specific sets of dice for specific icons...so why bother with the "Team Challenge Value"? It seems you should total the "Team Challenge Value" for each icon, roll and then mop up with any net level bonus dice.

3) More an observation, can't stand the word "Pick" which really means "Draw".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Cummins
msg tools
Responses below:

1)in the main rule booklet for Net Runs (14), 14.3 states that "A positive result allows you to choose one action from the listed outcomes". I assume that no matter how many "positive" (5/6) rolls, you only get to carry out 1 action? Same goes for Quantum. I assume this because the other special actions have a "For Each" qualifier.

Correct. You can use Exclusive Rule 9.1 if you would like to apply more than one positive result on NETRun or Quantum.

2) For "Mission Resolution", I don't understand what the point in "Determine the Team Challenge Value" is. This is the total number of dice you will get to roll...but then you are told you roll specific sets of dice for specific icons...so why bother with the "Team Challenge Value"? It seems you should total the "Team Challenge Value" for each icon, roll and then mop up with any net level bonus dice.

You have the procedure correct.

Doc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.