Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that when a new player joins a campaign, they begin with all their starting stats and gear.

It also states that when a player leaves the campaign, all their gear is added to the inventory.

I know it might be ultra cheese, but wouldn't this allow a group running less than four players have auto access to the best starting gear from classes they're not playing?

Simply "add" then "drop" the classes you're not playing and bingo! You have all the starting gear. Free weapons basically.

Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Misfiring Chong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting gears are next to useless on another character since they are, well, starting gear. Their only worth is to be sold for 1 soul each, but then in campaign mode Sparks are purchasable anyway so you can grind all you like, so there's zero reason why you would want other starting gears at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
except quick free extra souls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Brennan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Eternally
badge
Deluded
mbmbmbmbmb
I mean, you could, but why you'd want to go through all that hassle just to access a few more equipment cards is beyond me. Seems like a lot of effort for minimal reward and reduced satisfaction at the end knowing you cheesed the system!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lbrennan85 wrote:
I mean, you could, but why you'd want to go through all that hassle just to access a few more equipment cards is beyond me. Seems like a lot of effort for minimal reward and reduced satisfaction at the end knowing you cheesed the system!

It is infinite souls at the start of the game; why is that 'minimal reward'?

This is the second infinite souls loophole the campaign has (infinite sparks is the other one), only this one is even easier!

Not that I would use either, but have some GG for pointing it out Wonderslug!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Sephton
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
The campaign mode is ridiculously exploitable. Just run all the rooms before the miniboss, which are normally trivial and certainly will be after the first time, then rest and buy a spark. You net positive souls. Repeat forever for infinite souls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Akers
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The rules are for a player dropping, and a player joining, not for a character. You can cheat, or house rule to cycle characters in and out, but unless you have infinite friends that want to play and leave it's not really exploitable. The rule is there because the campaign can take several sessions and other players might not make it or want to join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We know why these rules exist (player joining rule and sparks buying rule) but it does not mean they are not poorly implimented.

The campaign was added as a reluctant afterthought and it shows (backers wanted one but SFG did not want to include one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.