Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Patterson
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing that both IG-88 and Darth Vader have fixes for skirmish, but both do not use command cards or skirmish points, could these fixes work with campaign? It would make sense as Darth Vader and IG-88 were both overpriced, but Nemeses class deck has helped that. It of course could be houseruled but balance is a constant issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If everyone agrees, feel free to house rule in their usage. The changes aren't too huge.

RaW, they are Skirmish only, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A common recommendation is:

If you get the unit as a reserved or initial group (i.e., you don't pay its deployment cost), then use the old version. The mission was balanced around that version's power level, not its cost. And if it needs a buff for the mission, then there will be a special mission rule for it.

If you bring the unit in as an open group though, and pay its cost in threat (or in the case of allies, in giving the Imperials threat), then you can use the updated version. You can include any fixes, even if they're technically skirmish-only. Skirmish units are balanced around point cost, so it should make them more comparable to other units you might want to bring.

Note that this rule generally applies well to errata as well as skirmish upgrade releases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary McCloskey
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just decided to house rule a lower point cost for them for the campaign. You could do that as well. That way their abilities stay the same just reduced. I am planning to for our next campaign soon. We finished our first campaign a few months ago and have not started another yet. Trying to coordinate a day and time when we can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slight hijack, but where are these fixes? I've tried about 3 or 4 google searches and about 20 links and can't actually find any official place listing these fixes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The IG-88 card comes with the Jawa Scavenger Villain Pack. The Darth Vader card will be coming in Heart of the Empire. They are Skirmish Attachment cards, not errata updates.

You can see the cards in the preview articles for both sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
The IG-88 card comes with the Jawa Scavenger Villain Pack. The Darth Vader card will be coming in Heart of the Empire. They are Skirmish Attachment cards, not errata updates.

You can see the cards in the preview articles for both sets.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also user-produced combined versions in the FFG forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Simoni
Belgium
Diegem
Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
There are also user-produced combined versions in the FFG forums.

that would be handy to have.

I found IG-88 combined card here
https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/240890-covena...

but I could not find Darth Vader.

Where did you find it Pasi?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Took a bit of time, but here:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/248946-heart-...

Just note that the figure cost is still 18 for any ability calling for figure cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Simoni
Belgium
Diegem
Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.