Subject: Expansion and add on availability questions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Harshman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I missed the Kickstarter, this isn't a gripe about that, just a general question about availability.

Will the non-Kickstarter exclusive stuff be sold commercially?

I see where these are available:

Dice packs
Yogah of Yag
Kushite Witch Hunters
Crossbowman
Nordheim (preorders)

What about the other non-exclusive Kickstarter add-ons and expansions like:
Tower of Khitai
Stygian Expansion
Dragon Add on
Black Ones Add on
Scenery Adventure pack
Door pack
Brom box
Paolo Parente box
Xavier Collette box

Will they eventually be released?

Also, some of the wave 2 people mentioned they received missing punchboards? Was that for the base game or a kickstarter add on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Khitai and Stygia big expansions will definitely go retail.
IIRC, Asmodee planned to release Nordheim, Khitai, and Stygia one after the other, not simultaneously.

For the rest, noboby knows for sure (that's a decision from Asmodée, the best course is to contact them directly and ask for it: the more people ask, the higher the chances of a retail release).

The missing tokens were for KS addons/extras, not for the base game. They've been shippped with wave 2 of the KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keoki Young
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ares71 wrote:
So I missed the Kickstarter, this isn't a gripe about that, just a general question about availability.

Dice packs
Yogah of Yag
Kushite Witch Hunters
Crossbowman
Nordheim (preorders)

Tower of Khitai
Stygian Expansion
Dragon Add on
Black Ones Add on
Scenery Adventure pack
Door pack
Brom box
Paolo Parente box
Xavier Collette box

Also, some of the wave 2 people mentioned they received missing punchboards? Was that for the base game or a kickstarter add on?

If I may ask, at what website are you finding Nordheim available?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Z
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI has it for preorders.. you can also check Asmodee's retailers list:
https://www.asmodee.us/en/retailer-locations/#/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harshman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keokiyoung wrote:
ares71 wrote:

Dice packs
Yogah of Yag
Kushite Witch Hunters
Crossbowman
Nordheim (preorders)

Tower of Khitai
Stygian Expansion
Dragon Add on
Black Ones Add on
Scenery Adventure pack
Door pack
Brom box
Paolo Parente box
Xavier Collette box

CSI and Minature Market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keoki Young
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ares71 wrote:
keokiyoung wrote:
ares71 wrote:

Dice packs
Yogah of Yag
Kushite Witch Hunters
Crossbowman
Nordheim (preorders)

Tower of Khitai
Stygian Expansion
Dragon Add on
Black Ones Add on
Scenery Adventure pack
Door pack
Brom box
Paolo Parente box
Xavier Collette box

CSI and Minature Market

Thanks - until recently, they were showing Out of Stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
Roolz wrote:
For the rest, noboby knows for sure (that's a decision from Asmodée, the best course is to contact them directly and ask for it: the more people ask, the higher the chances of a retail release).

Does anybody know if Monolith or Asmodee has been selling these expansions at Conventions they're at?

That is often one way to get otherwise unavailable Kickstarter content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
vitus979 wrote:
Roolz wrote:

Does anybody know if Monolith or Asmodee has been selling these expansions at Conventions they're at?

Hi,

I can't talk for Asmodee but as far as we are concerned, we don't sell items at conventions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hestis
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
BadKam wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
Roolz wrote:

Hi,

I can't talk for Asmodee but as far as we are concerned, we don't sell items at conventions.

Is there still talk of having things available in an online store, like is being done with Mythic Battles? I know there were comments made in the past that there were no plans for the Dragon or Black Ones to hit retail. I was hoping they might be available at GenCon from Monolith directly, but that's a pretty definite no. Also am looking for the guest boxes. The prices on eBay are pretty ridiculous, and I'd rather give my money to Monolith (either directly or through retail) anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
Hestis wrote:
Is there still talk of having things available in an online store, like is being done with Mythic Battles? I know there were comments made in the past that there were no plans for the Dragon or Black Ones to hit retail. I was hoping they might be available at GenCon from Monolith directly, but that's a pretty definite no. Also am looking for the guest boxes. The prices on eBay are pretty ridiculous, and I'd rather give my money to Monolith (either directly or through retail) anyway.

Can I just +1 all this, specifically me wanting the same expansions? I only picked up the expansions in the KS listed as KS Exclusive with the idea that if I liked the game (which it turned out, I did) I would pick up the non-exclusive expansions later.

I've since picked up most of everything else, but I'm still looking for a Dragon, the Black Ones, and the Brom Guest Box. I also am kinda sorta on the lookout for the Scenery Pack, but that's more in the realm of "nice to have". I'd happily buy them at relatively near the retail value from Asmodee or Monolith at a Con or at an online store, but I'm not spending $100+ for each like the numbers on Ebay are listing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bad Kam
msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

If we have remainder of the non-KS exclusive stuff after after-sales has been taken care of, we might offer them via a channel yet to be decided.

For the KS-exclusive stuff, that's a whole different matter. It asks the question of "what is a KS-exclusive".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C
United States
Muscatine
Iowa
flag msg tools
BadKam wrote:
For the KS-exclusive stuff, that's a whole different matter. It asks the question of "what is a KS-exclusive".

I honestly am not a fan of the practice of KS exclusives being completely "exclusive". I much prefer something like what IDW did with TMNT. All the KS exclusive expansions just had exclusive sculpts. You could still get April O'Neil at retail, but it had a different sculpt than the KS one. That way the KS backers can have something exclusive to themselves, and people who buy at retail can have the same level of functionality as those who backed the KS campaign.

Alternately, have an exclusive be "exclusive" for a duration of time, then make that content available for retail.

PS yes I'm still a bit bitter about not backing the KS for Blood Rage

PPS thankfully the question of what is "KS Exclusive" is something I don't have to worry about with Conan. I purchased all the items the KS Project labeled "exclusive".

Quote:
If we have remainder of the non-KS exclusive stuff after after-sales has been taken care of, we might offer them via a channel yet to be decided.

Has there been final word about whether the Dragon, the Black Ones, or the Guest Boxes will be sold at retail like Yogah, Crossbowmen, and Kushite Hunters were?

Alternately, any way I can get on the "after sales" list?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Howe
United States
El Sobrante
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many of us who backed didn't buy the non-KS Exclusive items because the talk was that they would hit retail so we wouldn't be victims of the secondary market and its insane pricing.

It would be very disappointing to miss out on these now. What would the reasoning be behind not selling the remaining two expansions, the dragon, the black ones or terrain kit at retail like the previous three add ons? I would assume everything was printed in similar quantities.

I guess my point is, please make these available for purchase, which is what was discussed during the campaign in the updates and comments. Whether that is through retail outlets or a Monolith web store isn't important. Either way you have my business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harshman
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BadKam wrote:
Hi,

Any idea when this might be decided?

I would personally would pick up:

Dragon
Black Ones
3 guest art boxes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
ares71 wrote:
BadKam wrote:
Hi,

Dragon
Black Ones
3 guest art boxes

I would pick those up as well. Kickstarter exclusives should take a page from video games. They should be TIMED exclusives. The reward for backing the project is getting the kickstarter exclusives early and/or at a discount. Let's say they're exclusive for 1 year after the kickstarter is delivered. After that, they can be sold to people who may have missed the kickstarter or weren't able to pick them up for whatever reason. This way everyone can enjoy everything that was designed for the game.

I really hate the idea of exclusives. It means that the retail game is never fully "complete." It also makes it much less likely that the game will be bought years later. I just really don't like the idea of lost content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hestis
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
ares71 wrote:
BadKam wrote:
Hi,

Dragon
Black Ones
3 guest art boxes

That's basically what I'm most concerned about as well, since the rest should available through regular retail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Howe
United States
El Sobrante
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hestis wrote:
ares71 wrote:
BadKam wrote:
Hi,

Dragon
Black Ones
3 guest art boxes

That's basically what I'm most concerned about as well, since the rest should available through regular retail.

The expansions, black ones, dragon, guest boxes and scenery kits weren't KS exclusive and were supposed to be available at retail. I honestly don't care about the guest boxes or scenery, but the others would be nice for building scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.