L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had an unsettling experience last week over on the Race for the Galaxy forums. The game recently got a new app and there has been increased activity in the forums of this 10 year old game. Suddenly, with no warning or notification of any kind, the threads relating to the new app went missing from the forum. I posted in that forum asking what happened to the discussions, see Disappearing threads in this forum. Then that thread went missing too. I discovered that the discussions had be moved to VGG.

VGG is a terrible site and those threads will die in the darkness. What is the policy for moving threads to dead portions of the site? Why can't the mods inform the users when they make such draconian moves? And lastly why can't we the users have a say in what thread are summarily removed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P.
Germany
Aßlar
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Budapest wrote:
I had an unsettling experience last week over on the Race for the Galaxy forums. The game recently got a new app and there has been increased activity in the forums of this 10 year old game. Suddenly, with no warning or notification of any kind, the threads relating to the new app went missing from the forum. I posted in that forum asking what happened to the discussions, see Disappearing threads in this forum. Then that thread went missing too. I discovered that the discussions had be moved to VGG.

VGG is a terrible site and those threads will die in the darkness. What is the policy for moving threads to dead portions of the site? Why can't the mods inform the users when they make such draconian moves? And lastly why can't we the users have a say in what thread are summarily removed?

I completely agree on the missing information policy but I am strongly in favor of moving those threads. Whenever dozens of app threads spam my subscriptions for games where an app page exists, I will mark them as "wrong forum". As a fan of the board game, I have absolutely no use for information on IOS App Release Date, Two players one ipad, Mobile App Friend Codes, real time 1v1 tournament on the app, steam version release, Serious online players, service that blocks online play for RftG app, New world in the app, App expansions or differences between iPad and phone.

These threads linked above are currently the 10 most recent threads in the Race for the Galaxy video game forums. None of them is of any value to the board game discussion whatsoever. The often expressed sentiment that most of those threads are about Race for the Galaxy in general is simply not true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok this is really creepy. I posted the original post of this in the Suggestions sub-forum last night and this morning it's been moved to another sub-forum.

I feel like I being stalked. How can I find how when my posts are moved?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forbidding
United States
flag msg tools
admin
Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to. –Alfred A. Montapert
badge
These computers on our desks are turning into portals to other realms of existence…realms that will one day be preferred to earth. –Edward Castronova
mbmbmbmbmb
Budapest wrote:
Ok this is really creepy. I posted the original post of this in the Suggestions sub-forum last night and this morning it's been moved to another sub-forum.

I feel like I being stalked. How can I find how when my posts are moved?

I don't know if you can find out when, but any threads tagged as "wrong forum" by BGGers go to a list of tagged threads. Admins then go through the list and move them as need be. It is common for a single thread in the wrong place to get tagged by multiple people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Budapest wrote:
What is the policy for moving threads to dead portions of the site?

If it's about video games, it gets moved to the video game part of the site.

Also, you just proclaimed quite a few active users as dead. I haven't posted on BGG for years. I'm posting on VGG daily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.