Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Clocherty
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The union invades a fortress that has 2 CSA SPs defending. The combat result is 2 for the attacker and 1 for the defender. The 2 CSA SPs are eliminated. But is the Union forced to retreat? I refer to rule 8.8.6 regarding the additional intrinsic force that would remain in the fortress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I replied to your same question elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jockulus wrote:
The union invades a fortress that has 2 CSA SPs defending. The combat result is 2 for the attacker and 1 for the defender. The 2 CSA SPs are eliminated. But is the Union forced to retreat? I refer to rule 8.8.6 regarding the additional intrinsic force that would remain in the fortress.

I think 8.8.7 is the rule you actually want. That's the one that says that all defenders (intrinsic or otherwise) need to be eliminated for he Union to avoid retreating. 8.8.6 merely requires the Confederate player to take actual SP losses rather than taking intrinsic defenders instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Turansky
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is discussed at length by Pete Walsh towards the bottom of this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/646409/guide-wga-unofficial...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.