Subject: I finally... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
...sprung for a copy and played it this evening with another gamer who has had it sitting on his shelf for a while. The hype is real. The game is that good. Dethroned by Pandemic Legacy?...shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, it's really that awesome. And that's from someone who doesn't really care for area control and had literally zero interest in the subject matter. It's just a seminal boardgame that should be in everyone's collection.

As for Pandemic Legacy, it bothered me too, but then I think that it's a product of our hobby reaching a wider and more general audience. Whatever brings us more gamers is best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DominiGeek
Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo
D.N.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:

As for Pandemic Legacy, it bothered me too, but then I think that it's a product of our hobby reaching a wider and more general audience. Whatever brings us more gamers is best.

I´m over it too, I guess (Pandemic Legacy, #1 Strategy Game! cry )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbolyard wrote:
...sprung for a copy and played it this evening with another gamer who has had it sitting on his shelf for a while. The hype is real. The game is that good. Dethroned by Pandemic Legacy?...shake

Glad you love it. Glad you tried it. The game is LEGIT! And it stands up to years and years of play. It only gets better.

I will say that the rankings are really artificial in that we are comparing the incomparable.

In my case, TS is one of my top games (probably number one for me depending on my mood). Amazing game really. It is magic how it all comes together. It really is a work of gaming art.

But it is also true that Pandemic Legacy provided me one of my favorite gaming experiences of my life. I would put it at number 1 for the memories of the moments. It told a story in the game that was interesting and I also have stories about how my wife and I reacted to the twists and worked through it together.

Is PL better than TS as a game? No, of course not (in my opinion). But the story it told was better than any game I have played. Loved it.

I have no problems with PL being ranked higher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure PL has landed where it is in the same way TS did years ago. It's all good. I've never sought to know just exactly how rankings are achieved at BGG. There are many lowly-ranked games that I quite enjoy, and so rank means little to me truly. I just wanted to add further confirmation (as if any was still needed) that TS is the genuine article.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.