Subject: Twin Peaks - Dale Cooper alt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: variant [+] [View All]
Art Tatellmelt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thought it'd be fun to celebrate the return of TWIN PEAKS with a Dale Cooper investigator. I have ideas for others, so if it's something you like, comment below. Would love to hear what you think. I might do another.

wow(OLD-SCHOOL TWIN PEAKS SPOILERS WITHIN.)wow

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hj6vl496j6u6oy/Cooper%20Alts.pdf?...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul F
Wales
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's fantastic - great stuff.

Funnily enough I was playing AH this morning and mentioned to my partner that I was roleplaying Jenny Barnes as Audrey Horne! We've been re-watching the original seasons to get in the mood for the new episodes.

If you decide to do more of the cast as investigators, I'd love to see them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David S
msg tools
mbmbmb
This is great! Reskinning Rex works surprisingly well.

I think the only thing that doesn't fit at all is the weakness. Cooper's real weakness seems to be more along the lines of having a certain degree of naivete when it comes to the women he loves
Spoiler (click to reveal)
somehow, he does not pick up an the clue the Giant gives him about Annie entering Miss Twin Peaks, putting her at risk, and then obviously there is Caroline
. I'm not sure how to express that in weakness form though.

Replacing the weakness with something else would make Coop stronger than Rex, most likely. Rex's card draw is tempered somewhat by the fact that his weakness becomes way worse the fewer cards you have in your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Tatellmelt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks! Happy to see some comments, and glad a couple people enjoyed seeing what I did. I'll prob do at least 1-3 more.

I'd hate to tamper with the balance, so I'm sort of best-fitting as possible, and leaving the rest up to imagination. I felt bad enough changing "Reporter" to "Federal Agent." But I know what you mean. I can think of a few ways it could be more Coop-like myself. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Tatellmelt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was thinking Agnes for Audrey! But I'm still thinking on it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing: I'm not sure Coop should have Rex's Fortune handicap.

I love the art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul F
Wales
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
possumxv wrote:
I was thinking Agnes for Audrey! But I'm still thinking on it...

I see Audrey more as a rogue, relying on her wits. She's not into magic and stuff. At least, not yet. She has a survivor streak for sure. She's streetwise, despite being privileged. She has a nose for adventure.

Agnes in this game has always been Norma or Shelly in my own warped point of view. I'm not suggesting Norma or Shelly are naturally mystics from a gaming perspective - it's purely down to the card art!

I think Audrey is more easily pinned down to a character class. She's a bit more fleshed-out and a more adventurous character in the show, so it's a bit easier to give her a starring role as a player character and pin her down as a class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Tatellmelt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FYI - If anyone download this previously: I didn't have the skill icons on The Tibetan Method in my original draft. It's updated now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Shmo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Beautiful work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niklas Välimäki
msg tools
Nice idea and really smooth looking cards!

I'll have to say that I disagree with the Cooper's willpower, because it should be at least ten. Or one hundred. Cooper is not scared of anything and his mind doesn't shake whether there are dreamlike giants or Bobs lurking behind the corner. Not in this world or the dreamworld. He is unbreakable.

I would like to also complaint about his fight stat. Cooper only needs one bullet or one surgical strike with his hands. Why? Because of the Tibetan method. It's also illogical to use more than a bullet or a strike. Why would want to waste your resources? There are more important things to do.

Sounds op? Dale is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Tatellmelt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks! And fair enough!

I'm really just doing some reskinning tributes though. (Cooper is Rex, for example.) If anyone wants to develop an investigator from the ground up, please feel free! I don't know enough about game design theory for that, myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David S
msg tools
mbmbmb
Maximus dorkimus wrote:
I'll have to say that I disagree with the Cooper's willpower, because it should be at least ten. Or one hundred. Cooper is not scared of anything and his mind doesn't shake whether there are dreamlike giants or Bobs lurking behind the corner. Not in this world or the dreamworld. He is unbreakable.

While he certainly has a higher willpower than most, if Cooper really did have perfect courage then

Spoiler (click to reveal)
He would not have been afraid in the Black Lodge in the final episode, which he clearly was, as you can see from his acting and as implied by the fact that he is overcome by the Black Lodge, which Hawk warns will destroy anyone with imperfect courage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Tatellmelt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Truth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niklas Välimäki
msg tools
David S, Dale had just bad luck with chaos bag in the Black Lodge. He drew the auto-fail token.

Or that's what I heard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Carunchio
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mb
E.P.I.C.
This is just EPIC. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Tatellmelt
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I completed two others. Hoping to release a set of 5 on Sunday.

I'm not sure everyone will love the character selection on this set. But I should leave something to look forward to, no?

Stay tuned...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nadine Hurley
Deckbuilding Rules:
Must include Peter Sylvestre
All the Amnesia cards
W:2 I:2 F:5 E:3
H:8 S:7
Elder sign: Throw any enemy or investigator at your location to any other location
Signature item: Drape runners - Completely silent: Automatically evade
Signature weakness: Another amnesia card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
This is a great idea and really well done! One idea for a next step: Twin Peaks scenario using base game cards. From what I saw in the other Dane made scenario, I believe this can be done by making a setup, agenda, and act cards.

Anyone out there who knows how to dev this kind of thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
In the fan made The Collector scenario (BGG thread link below) some kind soul shared a PrinterStudio.com link setup for the project. If any one does so for this Twin Peaks goodness, please share the link!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1698105/collector-fan-made-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.