Popular Tags: [View All]
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this on Lookout's Facebook page this morning:

https://www.facebook.com/Lookoutgames/photos/a.2204049046497...

The expansion looks to be named "Journeymen" (at least for now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gimme!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look like player boards?

I hope it expands to 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryle Cuff
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Andreas Pelikan (one of the designers) messaged me a couple months ago. He said:

"There is a (big) expansion planned for Essen 2017, which will include new scoring tiles and a completely new addition to the game."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cliquenabend has more pictures: https://www.facebook.com/Cliquenabend/posts/1015442934382193...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
From brettspielbox:

Quote:
There are new value tiles.
Roads, with the help of which one can form a new way.
The essential element, however, is a figure, which we can wander over the emerging landscape. If the person reaches certain targets, they can unlock new bonuses on a new action deck. This will allow the game to play on two levels in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, top of my Essen'17 wishlist has JUST been made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh - this seems to be horribly complicated. More akin to transforming the game to something new rather then just expanding it. Not sure if I like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
Ugh - this seems to be horribly complicated. More akin to transforming the game to something new rather then just expanding it. Not sure if I like.

Hey, no worries... most prototypes tend to look overly complicated... because the graphic designers who are supposed to make it look simple, haven't seen it yet. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It has elements of "more of the same" like new tiles and scoring tiles. But also adds a new element, a new way to score points. With 4 people it increases playing time by about 10 minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexP wrote:
It has elements of "more of the same" like new tiles and scoring tiles. But also adds a new element, a new way to score points. With 4 people it increases playing time by about 10 minutes.

Hi Alex,
excuse me, will those be optional modules ("more of the same" as one module, "new element" as another one), or just the whole package, use it or don't?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not too excited about a whole new mechanic, I love Isle of Skye as it is. But I will still check it out and if this makes it an awesome 2-player game, I want it! Apart from that, I'm always in for new (scoring) tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Pfister
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if they will be organzied in modules. But for sure you can just add some material to the base game and drop the new element.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl with one "R"
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Posting a counter view: I like Isle of Skye quite a bit as is, but typically I prefer games that are a bit more complex. So I'm really looking forward to an expansion that keeps the same core gameplay, but increases the complexity somewhat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Paukstadt
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
AlexP wrote:
I'm not sure if they will be organzied in modules. But for sure you can just add some material to the base game and drop the new element.

I don't get the "organized in modules" thing. All will be in one box (obviously). If you just want to add the landscape- and VP-tiles, that's possible (but they might not offer anything to the game if you don't play with the other stuff from the expansion, apart from the landscape and roads), but the parts in the expansion are created with the expansion in mind.

In other words, landscape and VP-tiles work on their own (as far as I can say for now at least), but offer much more using all of the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
I guess it means that the different components won't maybe be introduced in different modules in the rules (like Queen Games does it often). Maybe it will be: "Add all the new components and play with these additional rules". But even so you could only add those components that don't need the new rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Starek
Czech Republic
Sezimovo Usti
flag msg tools
badge
REALLY badass
mbmbmbmbmb
Soeren_Lookout wrote:
I don't get the "organized in modules" thing. All will be in one box (obviously).

Please check out Onirim (second edition) or Cacao: Chocolatl or Alhambra: Big Box or Camel Up: Supercup. Of course, it all comes in one box, but the freedom of playing with optional rules - or not - is what makes the experience great.
No one argues that "using it all" is the richest experience, no one argues players can modify the rules in their group as they see fit... it's just a world of difference between "you may choose to only use some of the components" and "using only some of the components was intended and tested".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david landes
United States
oak hill
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very excited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soeren_Lookout wrote:

I don't get the "organized in modules" thing. All will be in one box (obviously). If you just want to add the landscape- and VP-tiles, that's possible (but they might not offer anything to the game if you don't play with the other stuff from the expansion, apart from the landscape and roads), but the parts in the expansion are created with the expansion in mind.

In other words, landscape and VP-tiles work on their own (as far as I can say for now at least), but offer much more using all of the expansion.

Of course, the material might not support it, but I love Queen's approach to modular expansions because you, the player, can choose which mini expansions to add and how many of them, based on how you are feeling on the particular day and how complex you want the game to be.

A rulebook that indicates that you can mix and match modules indicates to me that the designers have done extensive playtesting and have certified various combinations as working well and being fun to play.

I once played an expansion to a game that was a series of modules, but the stupid rulebook didn't explain how to mix and match very well, so we've only played the expansion content once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
I hope it expands to 6.

There is that mysterious sixth axe token, remember?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quaoar 10
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anny48 wrote:
I'm not too excited about a whole new mechanic, I love Isle of Skye as it is. But I will still check it out and if this makes it an awesome 2-player game, I want it! Apart from that, I'm always in for new (scoring) tiles.

I actually like it if an expansion offers more than just more of the same. More of the same often feels uninspired and I sometimes get the impression that the base game was cut down to make room for an expansion. In the best case you get both, seems to be the case here! Great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Ducat
France
Antibes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, After more than 25 games played in a year, i hope to find more of the same with slightly clever twists.

Because the game design is clean and do not need a dirty patch for the sake of patching.

Regarding the 2p variant, i simply do not care at all. This game shines at 3-4 players and do not require any change on that. It is based on interaction, hence i cannot see how the game could fit for 2. Extending gameplay to artificially add player count is a mistake from my point of view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.