Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam K
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some pretty cool stuff: New weapons, new terrain. My favorite is definitely the catapult.

https://www.facebook.com/cmonfanboy/posts/1883235221893029
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Lunches
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeathWarden wrote:
Some pretty cool stuff: New weapons, new terrain. My favorite is definitely the catapult.

https://www.facebook.com/cmonfanboy/posts/1883235221893029

Map tiles!!!! light and dark areas! #confirmed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the link in the OP, Orc fatties hit for 3 damage. Unless they're completely re-designing survivors, that means insta-death from a single fatty!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Damn. Now I'm excited. Glad they're doing something with the zombie types to be a bit different. The map elements, the water and barriers, have me most interested, although that one silhouette kinda looks like a bunny...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mightyjim wrote:
From the link in the OP, Orc fatties hit for 3 damage. Unless they're completely re-designing survivors, that means insta-death from a single fatty!

I guess we get an armor roll this time around, though (contrary to the Abominawolf)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Sharkey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My money is on there being a lot more armor and shield options to help mitigate these heavy hitters in Green Horde. Also based on the character models we should be getting health potions as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully some starting equipment armor not enough for everyone but a piece or two
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hello there
msg tools
mb
is looking very exciting so far!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for bringing this to our attention...exciting news indeed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"item sets" sounds awesome :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooperton wrote:
"item sets" sounds awesome :-)

I agree...the great treasure is my favorite thing about Zombicide:BP and you can't heave too much of a good thing when it comes to this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
Hopefully some starting equipment armor not enough for everyone but a piece or two

Would that work? That would mean someone starting without a weapon, which seems... less than ideal. It's already scary enough starting with a ranged weapon since you can't open doors, at least you can fight back. Starting with armor means you're totally useless until someone opens a door for a building and kills the zombies inside so you can search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No no I was thinking maybe 6 weapons and like 2 pieces of armor. Make it a little easier to split up from the get go. I have had games where I'm super unlucky finding items. Crossbows and food for everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:
No no I was thinking maybe 6 weapons and like 2 pieces of armor. Make it a little easier to split up from the get go. I have had games where I'm super unlucky finding items. Crossbows and food for everyone!

I like your idea because there are enough items in the deck currently(in BP) that it can be a long time before any armor shows up...and when a character does find a piece they can be no where near the character in direst need of it(as the party splits up into the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thiago k
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1015427736476131...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No early bird!!! Nice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
To Summarize: From the Video Link posted above...

Zombicide: Green Horde coverage starts ~ 44:00 minute mark

KS launch 30 May 2017 @ 15:00 EST

No Early Bird pledges this time around (Vindicated).

Orcs do more damage than other Zeds, but take damage as usual. (Walkers do 2 Damage, Fatties do 3), although Runners, which are Goblins, still do a single 1 point of damage per BP rules. Nothing was asked or mentioned about Abominations.

The changes in Zed strength will make the game "Harder", but equipment is not expected to power-creep for survivors.

Z:GH is fully compatible with Black Plague, and was developed using elements of Black Plague to ensure cross-compatibility.

There may be "Some" green plastic, but it was not confirmed if the Orcs and Goblins themselves would be green plastic.

Catapult/ Trebuchet will be a 3D model in the game, it will be mobile, it can target either zones (One zone per attack), on the map tiles OR it can target the Hordes assembling off the map. There will be at least three types of ammunition for the Catapult, each with different damage profiles.

There will be "Item Sets" which will make combining items from matching sets more potent.

New tiles will offer new terrain elements to the game, such as water which reduces movement and Hedges/ Banks which PCs can climb, but Zeds cannot. Action takes place along the "Western" boarders of the "Kingdom" that the Z:BP universe takes place in, and focuses on smaller villages and outlying locations such as farms or similar.

Chromit90 wrote:
They also mentioned that Dragon Fire will not work on the new water areas.

Upon seeing the final Z:GH slide, which was of a silhouetted group of "Surprise" critters to be revealed during the Kickstarter, an audience member asked; "Is that a Beholder?" Thiago only grinned and did not answer.

Modern Zombicide is still very popular and Season 1 represents CMoNs best seller in the Zcide lines. Because of this CMoN is NOT done with Moderncide.

When asked about alternate settings for Zcide, including Space or Weird West, Eric Lang answered for Thiago, saying, "No comment."

--------

Some good info there, though I was hoping for a full and focused Z:GH panel/ preview. Still, quite happy to have seen this video.

EDIT -

I'll add additional observations to this list as they are brought up by others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Brian Kievit
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are MD-style light and dark tile spaces "confirmed"...or are we seeing discrepancy between ground and water?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how the catapult weapons vary so there's multiple dice of lower damage points to take out multiple little guys or single dice to take out abombs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
brainpuddle wrote:
Are MD-style light and dark tile spaces "confirmed"...or are we seeing discrepancy between ground and water?

I don't recall any mention of light and dark spaces per MD. The two tiles we get a look at were discussed only briefly, and then only really the tile with the river/ stream/ water feature. What we appear to be seeing in that tile (The one on the right), is an "Outdoor" tile with water running across the tile with hedges along the northern water zones and banks along the southern water zones.

The other tile (the crossroads-looking thing on the left), was not mentioned at all.

typo360 wrote:
I like how the catapult weapons vary so there's multiple dice of lower damage points to take out multiple little guys or single dice to take out abombs

Agreed. But we only heard about two of the three types of ammo, the scatter-shot and the big rock... I'm hazarding a guess that the third will be fire of some sort?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fire or Some type of Tar to slow the guys down!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Smith
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
typo360 wrote:

I love the idea of traps or things that slow them....bring a little "Orcs Must Die" to the experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PKDuke wrote:
typo360 wrote:

I love the idea of traps or things that slow them....bring a little "Orcs Must Die" to the experience.

I imagine we may see things like that via new enchantments

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio Corrao
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
QorDaq wrote:
New tiles will offer new terrain elements to the game, such as water which reduces movement and Hedges/ Banks which PCs can climb, but Zeds cannot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince De Zutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chromit90 wrote:

Having an ice effect that freezes (and shatters?) all actors in a water zone would be neat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.