Popular Tags: [View All]
Evelin Auger
Canada
Portneuf
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say:
"A company may only promote a tile if, after the promotion, it contains track along which the company could run a train."

I do not undestand the meaning of this. To upgrade a tile you need to be able to run a train there. So after the upgrading, the company can still run a train.

Unless... The phrase is missing a word. Should it be read as:?

A company may only promote a tile if, after the promotion, it contains "new" track along which the company could run a train.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's possible that a tile could be adjacent to a tile you could run to, but does not connect to the tile you could run to. You may not promote the tile in such a way that it still does not connect to a tile you could run to. This is not allowed. After promotion, there must be some track on the tile that you could run to.

(This is what is often described as "permissive" tile laying. For example, you may promote a #9 straight yellow tile to a #18 green tile (straight and unconnected tight curve on the same tile) even if you have no connection to the tight curve. See the #18 at the link below.)

http://www.18xx.net/tiles/e018.htm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evelin Auger
Canada
Portneuf
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. I thought it was more than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.