Hide
4 Posts

Onirim (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Nightmare cards with all 7 expansions turned on ... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Purkiss
msg tools
How do the nightmare cards interact with all the 7 expansions turned on (main ones being dream catcher and the towers),

For example ...

If I draw one when there are 3 towers out it gets discarded and goes to limbo if a tower isn't lost?
If you draw one and discard it with all the towers out it doesn't go to limbo?
If I draw a nightmare and it the draw into more do they all go into limbo without having their effect?

Think I've been playing it correctly but I'm not 100%, also only recently noticed the the keys can be played as part of the 3 colours from watching a solo run through by Zee Garcia. Been making it harder than it should have been it seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
lylith82 wrote:
If I draw one when there are 3 towers out it gets discarded and goes to limbo if a tower isn't lost?

It won't get discarded. It goes to limbo as a replacement effect, then the Dreamcatchers replacement effect will apply when it should be shuffled back into the deck.

lylith82 wrote:

If you play in normal difficulty you don't have the opportunity to apply false destruction, therefore the nightmare is discarded.

lylith82 wrote:
If I draw a nightmare and it the draw into more do they all go into limbo without having their effect?

There are two different ways to handle this:
- You drew a nightmare and chose to resolve it without discarding your hand. You must draw cards one a time to replenish your hand, resolving each nightmare you would draw before drawing the next card. No nightmare would go to limbo (unless you choose not to destroy a card, in case you refer to my first answer and then proceed).
- You drew a nightmare and chose to resolve it by discarding your hand. You then replenish your hand, putting all dream and door cards drawn into limbo and not resolving any of their effect. The first nightmare you've drawn, the one you're resolving, would be the only one you discard UNLESS first answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Purkiss
msg tools
So ...

> With 3 or less towers out they will go to limbo unless if I discard a tower (don't think I've done that in any game so far), if there are 4 or more they get discarded instead.

> If I don't discard a tower and don't lose my hand I would resolve them one at a time, otherwise (loosing the top 5 of the deck) excess nightmares go into limbo.

Think I've been making the game a bit harder than it needed to be with the losing 5 of the deck side of things.

The games fairly clear upto a point until all the modules are added, but it's not as challenging without them all turned on for me, that said playing with them on hard mode is crazy, haven't gone that far yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lylith82 wrote:
First, resolve the nightmare, as usual. Then, if you don't have in front of you 4 different colored played towers:

1) Either discard a tower (note that this should not lead to a symbol conflict, if you discard a tower between two others).
2) Or put the nightmare in the limbo, instead of the discard pile.

If playing with the Dreamcatchers, the limbo is caught by a dreamcatcher; it might have the nightmare you just drew and resolved, but didn't discard to save a tower, it might have other doors and/or nightmares if you just discarded your entire hand, etc. First you resolve the nightmare and then you decide what to do with the towers. If you see that multiple nightmares are already in the limbo, thus are going to be caught, you might consider limbo-ing the current nightmare.

See "False Destruction", p. 9 of the expansions rulebook.

lylith82 wrote:
No. If all 4 Towers are in play, then the nightmare is discarded. See "Power of Alignment", p. 9 of the expansions rulebook.

lylith82 wrote:
I don't get it, but each nightmare you draw is resolved separately. If you discard your hand due to a nightmare, you fill your hand up to 5 cards and any doors/dream cards (incl. nightmares) you draw, are subsequently limbo-ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.