Hide
6 Posts

Too Many Bones» Forums » Rules

Subject: When do dice unexhaust? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Kleinfall
msg tools
On page 10 of the rulebook, it states that "Skills are usable only once per battle (unless otherwise noted)". If you take this literally, it would appear that in the encounter Something Shiny this way Cometh, where you can choose to fight back to back battles in the same encounter, you would unexhaust your skills between the battles. I am currently playing it as you recover or unexhaust dice after an encounter is completed.

I am looking for clarification and curious as to how you have played this particular encounter when it comes to exhausted dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once per battle means once per battle. It would say once per encounter if it meant once per encounter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Kleinfall
msg tools
MAJBrown22 wrote:
Once per battle means once per battle. It would say once per encounter if it meant once per encounter.

I tend to agree with you. I just wasn't sure if that is the way the Carlson's intended for that encounter to be played. Just didn't want to cheat the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CycyX
France
Magny en Vexin
Val d'Oise
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They confirmed somewhere else that the two battles are to be played individually, so you "reset" your dice in between.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark D
United States
San Fernando Valley
California
flag msg tools
mb
gkleinfall wrote:
On page 10 of the rulebook, it states that "Skills are usable only once per battle (unless otherwise noted)". If you take this literally, it would appear that in the encounter Something Shiny this way Cometh, where you can choose to fight back to back battles in the same encounter, you would unexhaust your skills between the battles. I am currently playing it as you recover or unexhaust dice after an encounter is completed.

I am looking for clarification and curious as to how you have played this particular encounter when it comes to exhausted dice.

This has been asked about a few times including myself. Basically, for the 2nd battle, you reset up everything again as you did for the 1st battle, all dice unexhaust, all BU plan dice removed along with active dice, board is cleared of everything. The only thing you don't get to do is a recovery phase. So you play with whatever HP you have left over from the 1st battle and whatever Gearlocks are left over. If any gearlock KO'd from the 1st battle, he/she remains KO'd for second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Kleinfall
msg tools
Thanks for the replies. I had searched the forum and didn't find the answer. I really don't like asking a question that has already been answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.