Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trumpism continues... ya don't need to know jack shit in order to lead.

Trumper's Dude Don't Unda-stand Himself Sciences
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Abercrombie
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
It's been confusion from the word go!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ummm, well from his photo alone you know has a lot of experience with food.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
abercrab wrote:
or he has a medical condition. I mean jeez, the guy is clearly a pure political appointee with no science background to a science position, you have alot to mock of both trump and this guy and you go for the obesity angle? Wanna throw in a meaningless reference to orange skin while you're at it? Trump gives us no end of ridicule material and people still go for the childish appearance jabs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Abercrombie
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
It's been confusion from the word go!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
abercrab wrote:
or he has a medical condition. I mean jeez, the guy is clearly a pure political appointee with no science background to a science position, you have alot to mock of both trump and this guy and you go for the obesity angle? Wanna throw in a meaningless reference to orange skin while you're at it? Trump gives us no end of ridicule material and people still go for the childish appearance jabs.

I do end up regretting taking cheap shots like that, but I'm getting real sick of these garbage appointments by Trump. Giving someone a cushy ambassador job is one thing not that I like that practice either, but this isn't a position to be making political appointments. Compare this guy to a couple of the previous chiefs.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajiv_Shah
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_Woteki
It's a joke.

I'll never forget
"Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

darthhugo wrote:
Trumpism continues... ya don't need to know jack shit in order to lead.

Trumper's Dude Don't Unda-stand Himself Sciences

After this sorry-ass appointment, the Department of Agriculture should rule that political plums are no longer in season.

After all, Clovis is firmly planted in the Dominionist camp.

> Excerpts from the May 13, 2017 Salon.com news story by Taylor Link entitled:

President Trump Expected To Tap Non-Scientist, Climate Denier Sam Clovis To Head Science Research At The Department of Agriculture
Clovis, a conservative talk shot host from Iowa, is expected to be a nominee, according to ProPublica report

President Trump expected to tap nonscientist, climate denier Sam Clovis to head science research at the Department of Agriculture

Shocking no one, President Trump is expected to nominate a right-wing radio host with no experience in agricultural research to run the research division of the Department of Agriculture, according to a report from ProPublica.

Clovis, a devout Trump supporter, is known in Iowa for his conservative radio show “Impact with Sam Clovis” on Sioux City KSCJ. During the 2016 presidential election, he became a confidant of the Trump campaign, advising the candidate on agricultural issues. Clovis was also allegedly responsible for bringing in foreign policy adviser Carter Page, who is currently at the center of the Russia election interference scandal.

While Clovis has a doctorate in public administration from the University of Alabama, he has never taken a graduate course in science, ProPublica reported, which might explain why he is a notorious climate change denier who insists there is insufficient evidence proving global warming.

When articulating Trump’s position on climate change in an interview, he said, “Once we get more science, we are going to make decisions,” ProPublica reported. In a 2014 interview, Clovis said global warming “is simply a mechanism for transferring wealth from one group of people to another,” New York Daily News reported.

After Trump won the election, Clovis nabbed an influential role in the transition, overseeing the Department of Agriculture to ensure the president-elect’s new policies would be properly implemented. But his background in no way suggests that he is qualified to be the Department of Agriculture’s chief scientist.

Under the 2008 Farm Bill, according to ProPublica, the agency’s “chief scientist” is to be chosen “from among distinguished scientists with specialized or significant experience in agricultural research, education, and economics.”

ProPublica’s reporting yielded no scientific papers. His 2006 dissertation was on homeland security preparation.

As per Steve Bannon's strategy, the "deconstruction of the administration state" continues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
abercrab wrote:

Not all punches need to be exquisite combos.

You just care for your fighter, who by all accounts is getting their ass kicked around the ring, and let the other trainers follow their plan.

Or, are you just trying to ignore the fact that your fighter is getting owned by anyone who opposes them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
Not all punches need to be exquisite combos.

You just care for your fighter, who by all accounts is getting their ass kicked around the ring, and let the other trainers follow their plan.

Or, are you just trying to ignore the fact that your fighter is getting owned by anyone who opposes them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
+1 for "Dune" reference in title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm looking forward to the upcoming research paper The Positive Effects of the Inhalation of Bovine Methane Gas in Humans in the YGtBFK* quarterly.

YGtBFK-You've Got to Be Fucking Kidding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
TheChin! wrote:
abercrab wrote:

When you see a drunk dude stumbling down the street do you think "poor man, he must have an inner ear infection that's causing him to lose balance, it would be silly and wrong of me to assume he's drunk"

Childish jabs aside, why do we have to keep pretending people being addicted to shitty food isn't a thing? Is it because the majority of Americans are and it makes us reflect on our own questionable behavior? Trump is clearly addicted to a diet high in grease and fat. Isn't the fact that the president or other government officials lack the self-control to avoid putting things in their mouths that are literally destroying their bodies worthy of a bit of discussion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankiedamn wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
abercrab wrote:

When you see a drunk dude stumbling down the street do you think "poor man, he must have an inner ear infection that's causing him to lose balance, it would be silly and wrong of me to assume he's drunk"

Childish jabs aside, why do we have to keep pretending people being addicted to shitty food isn't a thing? Is it because the majority of Americans are and it makes us reflect on our own questionable behavior? Trump is clearly addicted to a diet high in grease and fat. Isn't the fact that the president or other government officials lack the self-control to avoid putting things in their mouths that are literally destroying their bodies worthy of a bit of discussion?

I'm surprised Trump can fit anything in his mouth around his foot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankiedamn wrote:

There is a constant debate here in Cleveland over the ex-QB Bernie Kosar and the reasons why he sounds drunk all the time. The most likely explanation is all the concussions he's had. So, though you may suspect the most likely explanation is that someone you see acting strange for the first time is drunk, they may very well not be. Calling them a drunk without first confirming your first impressions is pretty much setting yourself up to look the fool. The same with obese people.

Having said that, I agree that there are way too many people addicted to shitty food and there are far too many businesses taking advantage of that addiction for profit which creates many obese people. Of course, once you accept that some overeating is a function of an addiction, then the simple dynamics of "choice", and applying shame to modify it, aren't very reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.