Subject: Deck card limits rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Smith
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hi,

Just making sure, but what's the limit of certain cards in a deck?

For example:

What's the limit for House Frigates and Troop Crushers?

And I've heard it said that you can only have 1 copy of each type of Imperial card.

So like only 1 Sister Of The Azhar, etc.

But I've seen Decks created by players on the original Dune CCG site, that used multiple Sister Of The Azhar cards in a Deck.

It would be cool to have lots of Frigates in a Deck,

But am I to understand you can only have 4 of each type?

Edit: What's the maximum number of House Atomics in your Deck?

Can you nuke your opponent into submission? angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
One of each Imperial Card (blue back) in your Imperial Deck - your Allies and Holdings and Decrees (and Programs, but those aren't actually shuffled into the deck).

Four of each House Card (brown back) in your House Deck.

IIRC, Sister of the Azhar is an Aide, not an Ally. It has a brown back and goes in your house deck. If it was an Ally, it would have an actual name, such as Sister Ramalo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haytil Reivesman
msg tools
Bobtail wrote:

As a house card, you can have up to four House Atomics in your deck.

You can try to nuke your opponent into submission - many players won't have more than four holdings in their deck. But beware, the Landsraad doesn't look kindly on the use of nuclear weapons. The favor loss you experience may be devastating, if not deadly to you.

Your opponent will be able to fall back on their homeworld and charters for income - and if they have any other way to get spice in the Guild Hoard, beyond deserts (or if they have more than four holdings), then you're in trouble. Deploying forces to attack, deploying nukes, and bribing your way back into favor will result in a massive drain in your solari bank account - putting you behind your opponent, who may be able to quickly finish by buying spice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smith
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
One of each Imperial Card (blue back) in your Imperial Deck - your Allies and Holdings and Decrees (and Programs, but those aren't actually shuffled into the deck).

IIRC, Sister of the Azhar is an Aide, not an Ally. It has a brown back and goes in your house deck. If it was an Ally, it would have an actual name, such as Sister Ramalo.

Ah, I see. Thank you.

And how many Imperial and House cards can you have from an allegiant-faction?

I.E. If I have a Corrino Deck, how many House and Imperial Harkonnen cards can I have in my Corrino Deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smith
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
haytil wrote:
Bobtail wrote:

As a house card, you can have up to four House Atomics in your deck.

You can try to nuke your opponent into submission - many players won't have more than four holdings in their deck. But beware, the Landsraad doesn't look kindly on the use of nuclear weapons. The favor loss you experience may be devastating, if not deadly to you.

Your opponent will be able to fall back on their homeworld and charters for income - and if they have any other way to get spice in the Guild Hoard, beyond deserts (or if they have more than four holdings), then you're in trouble. Deploying forces to attack, deploying nukes, and bribing your way back into favor will result in a massive drain in your solari bank account - putting you behind your opponent, who may be able to quickly finish by buying spice!

Damn the Convention! This isn't battle; it's annihilation. Use the atomics! laugh

I thank you for your wise counsel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobtail wrote:
Phil Fleischmann wrote:

Ah, I see. Thank you.

And how many Imperial and House cards can you have from an allegiant-faction?

I.E. If I have a Corrino Deck, how many House and Imperial Harkonnen cards can I have in my Corrino Deck?

Same. One of each in Imperial, four of each in House.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.