11 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: So I saw some spoilers : ( rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
W Wharton
msg tools
mb
So I have a problem, I saw the character spoiler from the first KS a few months ago. I found the KS in December and thought, $100+ to buy, impossible to find, I'll probably never have it, so why not? A few months later, I realized that, (crap I saw the character spoilers) and I backed the new KS, although I haven't looked at the characters since, I definitely remember good few of them.

Now I'm kinda mad at my self, did any one fall in to this trap?cry

What do you think @Isacc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manderson
Canada
flag msg tools
Re: Did anyone else see the spoilers?
Nothing to worry about. Just play on for the rest. I find the character class spoilers not that big of a deal. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W Wharton
msg tools
mb
Re: Does anyone else have my problem?
ok I'll take your word and anyone else who comments, also what are the real surprises without giving any thing away?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike heim
United States
Juneau
Alaska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Umm, your query is oxymoronic. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just play the game and have fun. There is plenty of other stuff to discover (events, items, plot elements, etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dano Fish
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Just play the game and have fun. There is plenty of other stuff to discover (events, items, plot elements, etc.).

^^^^This.

I've been spoiled on a few classes, it's a small letdown in that moment, but the real magic is how that class will interact with your party and discovering/manipulating it's play style. Now that I understand that, the excitement of unlocking the capabilities of those classes has not been diminished for me whatsoever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W Wharton
msg tools
mb
Ok, I'm taken your word for it, and I think guess the spoilers don't change how fun the game is, and I still so hyped to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrianna O'Shea
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
You might have seen what they are, but you still have no idea how they work. That's the beauty of this game, nobody plays the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trang VP
Australia
flag msg tools
adriannaoshea wrote:
You might have seen what they are, but you still have no idea how they work. That's the beauty of this game, nobody plays the same.

Exactly! It's kind of like a movie/game teaser/trailer. Even a rough sense of what's coming up will hardly detract from the full experience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lewellen
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
In my opinion, the best part of this game is how it all fits together. I play solo, started with a mindthief and a cragheart. I lost a lot. In losing, I started to discover the intricacies of the mindthief. Then I started playing his cards better, and he was my favorite. I was winning for awhile, then I started losing again. I started to focus on the cragheart, switching his cards not just for his benefit, but the team's benefit...then it got so much more awesome. Loved that cragheart, was very sorry to see him retire.

My Mindthief retired early (level 4) and I picked up a "saw" icon. This combo with the cragheart was great, but I had to come up with different team dynamics. Then the cragheart retired, and I got a "lightning bolt". Holy crap, these two were amazing together. That was when I started playing on Very Hard. Then they both retired and I started a
Names of two locked classes inside.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Doomstalker and Sunkeeper

These two should have been amazing together. They weren't at first. I realized that I was trying to play them like my old characters. Once I finally figured this out, they were unstoppable. The first of them has since retired, and I now have
Names of two locked classes inside.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Beast Tyrant and Sunkeeper

I am still working out the team dynamics on this one, but the latter one is about to retire, so it will be starting again anyway, probably with the circles in circles icon (dunno if that is what it is called, but is what it looks like to me, no idea what it is, yet).

What I am trying to say in a very long-winded fashion is that my favorite part of this game is learning how it all fits together. My goal is to play all 17 classes before I beat it. The most exciting part is that I have no idea if that is even possible.

I am even taking notes on good teamups later...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Chamoy
United States
Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WHW14 wrote:
So I have a problem, I saw the character spoiler from the first KS a few months ago. I found the KS in December and thought, $100+ to buy, impossible to find, I'll probably never have it, so why not? A few months later, I realized that, (crap I saw the character spoilers) and I backed the new KS, although I haven't looked at the characters since, I definitely remember good few of them.

Now I'm kinda mad at my self, did any one fall in to this trap?cry

What do you think @Isacc?

Paradoxically, science has shown that knowing spoilers actually make the experience More enjoyable! See this NPR article to see why: http://www.npr.org/sections/monkeysee/2012/07/26/157430614/i...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.