falloutbass
msg tools
just looking for a little advice. I currently own

City of Ancients,
Frontier Town,
Scafford Gang,
Serpentmen of Jargano,
and Masters of the Void

since I cant find Swamps of Death anywhere right now, should I wait a few months and get it (if and when it becomes available), or should I just use my money on the rest of the enemy packs etc. thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JL Miranda
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Hi there.

I got swamps, and I feel like the 4 extra classes gives the game lot of replay-ability. But if you are not looking for new classes to play, the expansions pack enemies feel, at least for me, far more interesting, detailed and balanced: swamps enemies feel weak at higher levels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your buying it, it's for more characters and a new environment to play in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marco pacchiarini
Italy
pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely buy it, more replay value than anything else. Of course the problem is finding it now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Young-Tomlin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would buy it if you can. However, it's finding it and keeping your wallet safe. My copy cost over £100. So yeah, that was fun.

But if you can find a pretty decent and cheap copy, go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Lieberoth
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a lot of fun playing with less than you got there.

I also got hooked, and got Swamps as our second base game, plus pretty much everything else I could get my hands on. I'm absolutely all in.

BUT: Gameplay-wise I feel that there is a breaking point around two base games plus a bit of extra jazz (frontier town being close to a must), after which you don't need so much more unless you plan to play a lot.

If you can't get Swamps, consider getting an extra otherworld (Derelict Ship or Caverns of Cynder) and perhaps an extra character or two (Prospector, Orphan, Doctor, Native, Cowboy are all fun choices). That should go a long way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
falloutbass
msg tools
thanks to everyone for your input so far, I really appreciate it. yeah if I could find Swamps for less than $100 right now, I wouldn't even be posting the question. Since its hard to find and price hiked to more than double what I payed for City of the Ancients, I wanted to know if spending that money on expansions and packs was just as good. I do plan on playing it a lot once everything is assembled that is, haha. Derelict Ship looks AWESOME and since I'm more of a SCI-FI nerd it looks more appealing than Caverns. Any tips on getting those extra characters without paying the astronomical ebay prices? thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Downing
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
falloutbass wrote:
Any tips on getting those extra characters without paying the astronomical ebay prices? thanks!

Just keep an eye on the FFP webstore. Everything but the KS exclusive classes (currently just the Outlaw) will show up there from time to time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Packwood
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFP have just updated their Facebook page to say that Swanps is on the boat, they've added a preorder on their store, and it should filter back to retail in the next few months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
falloutbass
msg tools
thanks for the heads up Alex!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zaccardi
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Watch Cool Stuff's website. It is possible they will put some up there now that Dice Tower Con is over. They had several boxes for very reasonable prices. I picked up one for $35 at the convention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.