Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Roseman
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Got my ship mail on the 5th, package on the 11th while out of town for work. Though I have watched some of the videos I was still surprised by the size and heft of the box. And even more pleasantly surprised with the quality of the packaging and the components. Wow, this really sets a high bar for big box games.

Opened, and played the tutorial and 1st mission -- played with my son and lost the first time through but had a great time.

Great job Riot -- thanks for a great game that exceeds my (already kinda high) expectations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Reilly
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Haven't cracked mine open yet, got it recently too. Wow, I hear you about the box. Had to do some shelf shuffling. Can't wait to play this with my son!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played through the tutorial and the first couple missions with my son last night myself. I'm already loving the game and the way everything works. The components are amazing and so is the box insert.

If I had to make one complaint, it would be that there isn't a huge variety of programming cards, but I think that might be a good thing as there are less to learn and you can concentrate more on making decisions and setting up combos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Doyle
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
mb
Just got mine as well-- and I have to agree, even though I'd seen the unboxing videos and component showings, etc.-- even so, seeing it in person is still pretty jaw dropping. I kept thinking, "this is nuts." And given the affordable price point for it, I bought it as much because it seemed like the "king of all games" at least, component-wise and worthy of collecting. Plus, I liked Robo Rally and the programmed movement mechanism and have been looking for another co-op game that wasn't just another rehash of the Pandemic/Forbidden mechanisms, which frankly, have seemed a little too similar. I'm not sure I can convince my game group that it's for them, but the fact that it's a co-op may make that easier (they're not so much into "war" or heavy conflict games).

I did notice some of the scenario envelopes were in face down behind the initial several that were face up, was wondering if that was intentional. I haven't tried yet to verify them against an itemized list (mainly because I haven't yet figured out where such a list is), but as far as I know everything is there and arrived in good condition. I haven't opened up the big boss box (I read the instructions, and won't open until xmas), but his axe protruding looks like he's intact and where he should be.

With regards to "shelf-shuffling," I don't think that will help in my case. I'm thinking it should be on special display somewhere on its own...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rathma P.
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just got my copy today, was expecting it in July. I'm glad it came early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Dads Podcast
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still have my wave 1 in shrink. Not sure if I should open or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.