Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Desbois
France
Aix en Provence
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

Cascade of questions after my recent landing on the Moon plateau (9M):

As there is no hydratation there, I can not prospect there, am I right? Then I can't claim the 9M plateau therefore can not built factory, therefore can not ET production.

I assume I am missing something.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Gerdts
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
There are ISRU 0 robonauts (the black sides of cards) that could prospect the moon and claim it.

However, in most scenarios earth's moon should be busted at the beginning of the game, as there is an international treaty in place that prevents anyone from exploiting it. Check the game setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Desbois
France
Aix en Provence
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oww
Allright, guess I missed that.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob

Tennessee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that claim restriction holds only the advanced game. I could be wrong though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Shalev
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The basic game has no claim restriction for Luna.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Aside from the base game, if you don't like claim restrictions on Luna in the Colonization game, I propose the new Lunar treaty rules from "Bernals start on the ground" section of the Simulation module. I have played with them and in my opinion these are pretty balanced and easy to adjust if not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
At a later version of CEO 2nd Ed, I created awards after each sucessful directpry meeting. IIRC, after the 4th meeting (late game), you acquire the rights for lunar prospection. At that stage, you already have a couple of factories you had to industrialize at the hard way, so I figured an easy access to aa S/M site wouldnt imbalance too much.

*Variant rules rambling now*

I have been toying with the idea of both lunar sites been industrialized by a nonplayer faction at the beginning of the game, represented by a fledgling factory at each site. However, it will take a while for these factories open for business.

- Put the M and S markers already at 10 VP.
- At the end of the first directory meeting, put a colony at the S site
- At the end of the second directory meeting, put a colony at the M site
- At the end of the third directory meeting, roll a die twice, to ET produce a S and an M card at each site, which it is available for sale (the price = VP factory value in WT).
1 - MW Thruster
2 - Robonaut
3 - Refinery
4- Generator
5 - Reactor
6 - Radiator

After the patent deck is determined, pick the first csrd with the appropriate letter and set it aside to represebt the ET produced stack on each site. If a card is not bought until the end of next directory meeting, put it at the botton
Of its respective deck. At the end of 4th cycle and each subsequent cycle, roll again to replenish the lunar stacks (or simply substitute old patents with new ones)

Note: thematically, freighters are not a priority due to the deep lunar gravity well. Manpower is too valuable the to be sold as colonists (and you cant ET produce them on S or M factories) and GW and GW thrusters are too expensive projects and often needing multiple suports for the limited resources of the linar faction.

- The player can only buy lunar products if a rocket goes to the site and the player pays the price. Then, the card is added to the rocket stack.
- For 3 WT, the factory allows refueling (water/isotope)

The player cannot attack the Moon as the CEO exoglobal politics is not set to War, EXCEPT if the promoted New Attica seccessionists want to launch an attack there. Perhaps this could be an interesting midification to its future?

Anyway, I still have to test all that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For Lunar factory, Orange Bernal is overpowered hence my 5WT fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
Good point. I forgot about Orange starting positiin. 5 WT is fairer.

An observation: I just read the exomigration section at the manual and still havent read your file yet, Pawel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Garycki
Poland
Gdansk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also welcome you to the "AI Module" presented here by me in the Variants section and the research done by Todd in his "CEO Variant". We are heading towards a good direction for a Solitaire design.
I see two paths:
- CEO + Exomigration + AI Level 1 by Todd (site busts)
- AI Level 3 + AI Automa deck based on AI's AI and Todd's research on site balance

The first one will be rules as streamlined as possible with indirect AI presence aimed at low hanging fruits and much less static Solitaire, heavily based on CEO and Exomigration. This will be perfect for some players.

The second one will be more complex rules (although with Automa deck made simpler to remember) which aim at full interaction with AI as with a real player and all interactive game aspects involved (site race, patent race, glories/ventures/futures race, combat, hostile recruitment, direct politics influence, direct Colonists use, simplified simulated AI's economy). This will satisfy other group of players and may even be used in a Multiplayer game as additional AI Players in either Free for All or Human vs. AI manners. Luna is also used by AI thanks to Exploration, Simulation and Visions modules links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mb
I really really really would like to keep the pace with these solitaire variants, but Real life keeps me from playing HF and slowing the reading of the rules.

My next step will test the CEO as it is, then Werner Star, then Interstelar and the trying a but of exomigration and other variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.