Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oran Barraclough
Australia
Windang
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Really on the fence about this one. Looks like a game my group would really enjoy but it seems it might get old fast as there doesn't seem to be much in the way of long term strategy. The variety of the game comes down to the weapons but once you have cycled through them all over the course of a few games, is there much else this games has to offer?

Don't get me wrong, I really want to get this game, but I want to make sure it is worth the investment

Any thoughts appreciated

Cheers,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also the fact that there is different game modes outside of the Deathmatch Mode.

There's
Domination Mode
Turrent Mode
You can also add bots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And an expansion coming out this year that adds rules for team play, and a 6th player I think. Probably new weapons too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's replayable like most games: if you like it, it is very replayable.

The different combinations of cards make each game feel a little different. It's a pretty medium-light game. The new expansion should add more variety. The other modes didn't seem real interesting to me. It's only good at 4-5 players. 3 players is boring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm going to be brutally honest about this one, and i think my opinion differs to most who have played it, but here we go.

We have played this game now about5 or 6 times with different player counts and we just think the game is severely unbalanced.

We thought at first it was due to us no thaving enough players, but when we played with 5, the game seemed to really drag on as couldn't really plan your turn as so much could happen before it happened again.

Perhaps it could do with a bigger map the more people are playing, i know there are variants if you mix and match, but we didnt find any of them satifying.

We also found that some of the weapons are far more powerful than others, and unless you are familiar with all of the weapons, it can slow the game down a lot trying to figure out which one does what.

We will get it out and try it again, it certainly doesnt seem to be a bad game, its just me and my group(who also like playing video games and in particular...FPS) couldn't really get the most out of it.

We will play domination mode next time round as that seems that it may be a bit more 'fun' than the regular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ferguson
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingtreelo wrote:

We also found that some of the weapons are far more powerful than others, and unless you are familiar with all of the weapons, it can slow the game down a lot trying to figure out which one does what.

I don't see this as an issue, this is actually one of the balancing mechanics in the game. For example, I would expect the rail gun that shoots through walls to be more powerful than a chainsaw that has very limited range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oran Barraclough
Australia
Windang
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bubblepipemedia wrote:

The different combinations of cards make each game feel a little different. It's a pretty medium-light game. The new expansion should add more variety. The other modes didn't seem real interesting to me. It's only good at 4-5 players. 3 players is boring.

We would probably play it mostly with the higher play counts, I might wait for the expansion to see what that adds then. Do you think 6 players might make the game drag or does it move quick enough? I'm always looking for more 5+ Player games, that actually work with that size group, and don't fall into the 'social deduction' category (e.g. Werewolf)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oranjb wrote:
bubblepipemedia wrote:

We would probably play it mostly with the higher play counts, I might wait for the expansion to see what that adds then. Do you think 6 players might make the game drag or does it move quick enough? I'm always looking for more 5+ Player games, that actually work with that size group, and don't fall into the 'social deduction' category (e.g. Werewolf)

I'm a little worried the game will drag at 6+. This game is very group dependent. When I play, I want to run around, shoot things, and occasionally make some really cool moves. But so far the people I've played with just want to optimise every turn and really slow the game down for everyone, and certainly making it feel very very far from an FPS. If you have a group willing to just play for the fun and amusement of shooting each other, I can't see 6 being a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.