Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Minchin
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can someone explain how one determines defence ratings please?. The rules say it is destermined by a die roll of 0 or 1, does that mean top half 1 bottom half 0?.
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not clear what you are asking. Defence Ratings are die modifiers to combat. You don't determine them so much as read them off of the Aircraft Data Card, though you modify them if the combat is a turning fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Minchin
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know that some aircraft have a defence rating of either 0 or 1, but where does the die roll come in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hawkins
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
John, are you referencing this from the rules?

"Defence. Some aircraft have a defence rating, expressed as a dice roll modi er of 0 or 1, representing the crew-served guns aboard the aircraft [10.2, 10.5.1, 10.5.2]."

If so, as Lee indicated, the defence rating (if the aircraft has one) will be represented on the aircraft's data card. Take a look at the bomber aircraft cards and you'll see the ratings.

The die roll would be the one made on the Air Combat Table...and should be referenced off to the side as one of the applicable modifiers.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Minchin
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am sorry for the trouble I am causing but I am getting there slowly. So the Die roll for the defence rating is on the combat table?.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
its a modifier not a die roll
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Wagner
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So as an example, if an He-111 bomber squadron is in a hit-and-run (speed) fight, its defense rating is 0 (does not modify your the combat roll for the He-111s). But if the fight is a turn fight, the defense rating of the He-111s goes from a 0 to a 2 and the combat roll would receive a +2 modifier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Minchin
United Kingdom
Redditch
Worcs.
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. I read the victories rules and suprisingly I could follow their meaning.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.