7 Posts

Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » General

Subject: Awakening box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Robitaille
Canada
flag msg tools
My wife and I got the starters and loved the game so we've decided to invest more to expand our card pool. Couldnt find a box of SoR to get but we did manage to get about a dozen boosters. The question I have is when awakenings gets comes back in stock in June would it be good it to get a box or should we just focus on SoR?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too missed the boat on Awakenings but bought 2 boxes of SoR. I would strongly recommend getting Awakenings too, just to increase card variety. With only 2x copies of any given card, you quickly run out of useful cards and end up just filling your deck with whatever. With another set, you're exposed to a large number of other cards.

Plus, the characters. Some (most?) of the characters in SoR will combo really nicely with those from Awakenings, though they are perfectly fine on their own.

It's really the deck cards where you need variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the boat on Awakenings, but I was able to snag a pre-order for the next Team Covenant Saga Set restock of Awakenings. I feel like the Saga Sets are the best bang for your buck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Cheston
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamie, are you going to be buying 2nd copies of Legendary dice individually or are you just going to stick to 1 die per card? I'm thinking about going Team Covenant too, but I know it would bug me not having that 2nd die for those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick McClure
United States
Williamsville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we know the date that the Awakenings reprint will be available, or do we just know that it will be sometime in June? My FLGS had SoR for maybe a day before they were sold out, and I don't want to miss out on Awakenings again.

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere but I didn't see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Tadley
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am lucky enough to have both SoR and Awakenings sets. Most of the decks I have built are about 60/40 Awakenings/SoR, granted this is in part as I am not yet too familiar with all of the SoR cards.

This is a very long winded way of saying the new cards do not invalidate the old ones, so it is absolutely worth getting both sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CelestialMonkey wrote:
Do we know the date that the Awakenings reprint will be available, or do we just know that it will be sometime in June? My FLGS had SoR for maybe a day before they were sold out, and I don't want to miss out on Awakenings again.

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere but I didn't see it.

All we know is June. Because this is a reprint, there is no street date. Your store can sell them the day they arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.