Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure I know the answer for this but just looking for a brief clarification... when removing tiles for Wrath I assume it's legal for the dragon player to temporarily disconnect themselves and/or other players and then shift the tiles those players are standing on in legal ways in directions of their choosing? We had a situation last night where, at the start of the dragon turn, she and the knight were both at 1 HP, in the same tile. The dragon was fortunate enough to draw the cards for Wrath and the map was laid out such that she was able to Wrath and effectively create a backward C, sliding herself into connecting to the top tip and the knight to the bottom half, putting the knight player at least 2 turns away from even getting into range again, with a gauntlet of goblins to run to get there. The knight got one more turn in and the goblins won immediately after.

If this was legit, it feels bad. Big swingy moments like that are memorable and of course the dragon player was elated, but the knight as the clear frontrunner all game felt pretty boned, especially since it ended up kingmaking to boot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fenton
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was the dragon still on the same space as the Knight when it cast Wrath? We're both tiles completely detached? I think I'd have to see a diagram. As long as they were both separated and reconnected in the shortest way possible, it seems legit, but I can't see how that could have happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The...
badge
We must move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dragon and Knight could be on the same tile at the start of the Dragon's turn if it followed an attack on the Knight's turn.

When forced movement happens due to tiles being removed and multiple players are involved, they get moved based on turn order starting with the Knight, so it sounds like what happened was legal.

As a reminder, if the collapse hasn't begun yet, make sure to fill in any edges that were opened up after sliding tiles back together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember the exact layout, but I'll see if I can mock up something resembling it in Tabletopia and take a screenshot. I'm pretty sure the dragon moved before Wrathing, though, so we were not on the same tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.