Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
I came up with this idea myself, but then saw that it had already been suggested by other people on the forums: namely, that between scenarios a player may remove all of their trauma of a particular type (physical or mental) in exchange for adding a new Madness or Injury basic weakness to their deck.

I really like this idea, because the Rules As Written seem to make it that once you start losing, you will just start losing sooner and sooner during each scenario, barely giving the players a chance to even play through the scenario before they are eliminated, which is no fun. And I also like the idea of giving the players additional choices, empowering them to weigh how much a new weakness is "worth" in terms of number of points of trauma. Plus, it's just more thematic and interesting.

So has anyone used any form of this variant? How well did it work?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Fransson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I really like this idea, as it adds more weaknesses which are fun, instead of limiting players with lower stats. Weaknesses will probably be much worse in the end, as it can seriously mess you up, and lead to even more trauma, which leads to more weaknesses...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls